Wednesday, June 6, 2012

My first original sketch

Hi friends, 

One of the things I love about the stamp company Papertrey ink is that they challenge me to be more artistic and creative.  One of the main reasons I started card making was to explore my creative side and now that I've been paper crafting for 5 years it really is easy to fall into the habit of creating the same old stuff.  I challenge myself by using new techniques, new products and following different challenges.

This weeks Make it Monday video from PTI was about creating an original sketch.  I often use others sketches when making a card so I really appreciate the fun of a sketch but I've never created a sketch by myself before.



In Nichole's video she encourages us to find an inspiration for a sketch.  

You can check out her challenge on her blog below:


I found my inspiration on my drive home from work yesterday.  I liked this Dunkin Donuts drive-through sign.  I thought it had nice elements and while I was at the red light I grabbed a photo of the sign on my iphone.

 When I got home (after my church lady friends left) I looked at the photo and interpreted the photo into the below sketch.
Then I pulled out my papertrey ink papers and my Rosie Posie stamp set to make this fun, bright and cheerful birthday card.
This certainly isn't the greatest card creation I've ever made, but I love it.  It's sweet and simple and it's based on my original sketch.  I'm hooked.  Now, I'll be looking for sketch inspirations all around me and I'll try this again.

Thanks for visiting my blog today  Have a great day!

5 comments:

victoria h said...

Love the card and the fact it was inspired by a donut sign.

carol (krillsister) said...

Great color combination. Love your inspiration. The background is perfect.

landerson213 said...

Absolutely gorgeous. :)

Lauren
laurenslittlecraftyplace.blogspot.com

Karen said...

It's a lovely card with pretty and subtle details. LOVE your inspiration!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Love your sketch, Linda! You will have to start a challenge! Your card is beautiful! Love the blossom! :D