Monday, June 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink June Blog Hop

Hello friends,

Happy Monday morning to you.  Today is Papertrey Ink's Blog Hop.

They always have this challenge on the 25th of every month.  On the month's that I place an order on release night (the 15th) I am always hopeful that my goodies will arrive in time for the hop.  This month my package arrived promptly so I inked up my new Hexagon stamp and used my new Hexagon die.  I also used my flower fusion die and a sentiment from Beautiful Butterflies.  A woman at church has commissioned me to make about 20 cards and some of the ones she wants are sympathy/encouragement cards.  This will be one that I will include in her pack.  I'll just have to warn her to add extra postage on this one.
I went with a very literal translation of the challenge.  I decided to use the photo as my sketch AND my color challenge.  I also added texture to match the image as well.

 Above is a side view so you can see all the texture on the card.  The flower is made of felt and I sewed a basting stitch on the ribbon to get the ruffles, then I sewed it on a yellow card stock square to be the base for the aqua mist square with my sentiment.
Thanks for visiting my blog today and checking out my creation.  Stop back later in the week to see my birthday card creation for my sister.

7 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Terrific card, Linda! Love all of the hexagon accents! Great inspiration photo! :D

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Oh I love this Linda!!! All that texture is luscious. BTW- I see you went to Clarkson- so did my DH. Gee between Clemson and Clarkson- what are the odds?!?

Leigh said...

What a cool way to use the new Hexagon cover plate! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Marybeth said...

Really cute and creative way to use your new dies. Hope to get mine today.

angelabranon said...

I love what you did with the hexagons. I can't wait to play with mine.

Karen said...

You really caught the feel of the pillows in the inspiration photo! So cute and cheery!

Jean said...

Lovely card ~ I see you had fun with the new hexagon die!