Sunday, June 24, 2012

Sweet Sunday

Hello friends,

Don't you just love Sundays?  It's my favorite day of the week.  Monday-Saturday are full of busyness but our family tries to preserve Sunday's for church & relaxation.  Today is the first day since May 18th that I've had no pressing obligations.  No guests, no parties to attend, no appointments..... There is never a time in our house where there is nothing to do mind you.  I have laundry and gardening and crafts to keep me busy.  The difference is that today I can do only those things and not try to fit this in, in-between other time sensitive obligations.  I am enjoying it very much.
\
So, before I show you my two crafty things today, let me tell you about something new I did at church today.  There is an app called 'YouVersion.'  It is a bible application and our church just started participating in their live events.  So instead of bringing my bible to church today, I brought my ipad.  I started up the app and the sermon notes, scriptures and next steps were there.    The sermon was great today.  Pastor Mike was preaching on 'Obeying God' the third message in a series called 'simple.'  Basically the church has become super complex over the years, but the original church was very simple.  The message series included week 1 - Follow.  week 2 - Believe.  week 3 - Obey.  It's really that simple. 

http://www.a.youversion.com/events/102953

My church's live event is on the link above, but lots of churches are using this to allow the congregation to participate using technology.  I thought it was pretty cool.

So, today's post includes two Impression Obsession Images.  The first is for the I/O challenge.  Click the link below the image to go to the I/O site and see the other creations and the details of how to play along.  I inked up H1846 Fall Porch for this and made the house red, the door blue and white and added some stickles to the falling leaves.


http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2012/06/our-red-white-and-blue-challenge-and-mitra-travels.html

My next card is for Lisa Somerville's Bloggers Challenge.

http://www.lisasomerville.com/2012/06/bloggers-challenge-sketch-challenge.html

This was a sketch challenge so I inked up H1292 Northern Lighthouse to make this birthday card for my step father Peter.  They live in Maine and love to spend time at the beautiful lighthouses.  The landscape near Portland is a lot like this image.

This card was inked up with soft shades of Copic Markers.  I used my new Tim Holtz distress marker in white to add a vibrant white detail to the lighthouse, sailboat and sea gulls.  I also thought the sentiment was perfect to be framed in brads.  It's been so long since I used brads I had to dig around my craft drawers to find them and almost forgot how to adhere them on.  I love the little added detail they give.  Note to self, remember to add brads sometimes.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Now I'm off to go for a 3 mile walk.  It's over 85 degrees this afternoon so instead of my normal jogging, I'll do a fast walk instead.  Stop by tomorrow for the Papertrey Ink Blog Hop.  I have a fun and ruffly card to share with you.

5 comments:

Shirley said...

You had to do that!! 2 cards and I couldn't choose a favorite!! Love them both. Now on your RW&B one! I love that scene and the way you did the house! Awesome and warm and friendly too! Thanks for playing Linda and good luck in the drawing too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Both cards are fantastic, Linda! You have a beautiful collection of IO stamps! You did such a great job coloring up the house! Love it! :D

Craftyfield said...

Love both cards, so different in style ! I have a weak spot for the Lighthouse though (and all things Gary Roberston).

Karen said...

Love both cards, they're both so beautifully colored. I normally would choose the lighthouse (love them!) but your porch scene is just so friendly and inviting. Fabulous!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards! Lovely images from IO!