Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Birthday Card for Kathie

Hi friends,

My sister and I are both summer babies.  She was born in early July, me, late July. Her birthday always sneaks up on me cause it's right after the 4th of July holiday and I'm always scrambling so this year, I made the card in June and now it's all ready to go in the mail for her on-time.  Yeah!

Stampin Up just released their new catalog in June and the one stamp set out of the new catalog I couldn't live without is this poppy set.  It's huge.  It almost doesn't fit on my largest clear block, but the details on the blossoms are so pretty and the image is incredible.  I love large floral stamps.  This one is no exception.


I decided to fussy cut the blossoms using a striped pattern paper from PTI.   I wanted the sentiment to be eye catching so I found these long lost hardware accessories and fit the little orange sentiment inside.  If I were to make this again I would use Kraft for the inside.  I think the orange is a little too attention grabbing, but once I glued this baby down, she wasn't coming up again.

Next time I'll try coloring this set in with some copics and doing some blending.  Maybe next time I'll go for red poppies.  So many options here.

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

3 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

It is BEAUTIFUL, Linda! I love poppies! Great design! Boy, you are way ahead of me...I haven't even seen the new catty yet, and you already have stamps!!! I'm sure that your sister will love this creation! Happy Independence Day! :D

Fuzzy Slippers said...

Two thumbs way up for this card Linda! The fussy cutting, the sentiment framing, the soft coloring- love every bit and for sure your sister will too. :)

Karen said...

So pretty with the paper-stamped poppies! I love this stamp, too, and hope to add it to my next order...