Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bloggers Challenge and Papertrey Ink MIM

Hi friends,

I'm back today with some crafty goodness.  Thanks for visiting my blog this past week and letting me share about our trip to Hungary and Ukraine.

Today's post is for two challenges.  Lisa Somerville's weekly blogger's challenge was 'black and white and a splash of color.'  These are always fun.

You can click the link below for details on her challenge.

http://www.lisasomerville.com/





To make this card I used the Papertrey Ink's Make It Monday challenge to stamp on textured paper.
You can watch the video and see the sample cards by clicking the link below:

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/07/make-it-monday-74-stamping-on-texture.html

I ran my white cardstock through the cuttlebug with a stampin up embossing folder. Then I inked up my PTI stamp Crackle and inked it with black.  I then stamped the top of the embossed cardstock and I got this really neat black and white lacy effect.  Then I added the rosie posie floral element for my 'splash of color' and voila - a quick and elegant card.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.

6 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Linda! Love the gorgeous flower on the white textured background! We had the sime idea. :o)

Jacquie Southas said...

you created a gorgeous background for your card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is gorgeous, Linda! I LOVE the background! You did a beautiful job with these colors! Hope to see you soon! :D

Karen said...

What a pretty card and a very cool technique... love the effect of the crackled stamp on the embossing.

Lisa Somerville said...

Just beautiful, love your added splash of color.

Basement Stamper said...

this is gorgeous, might have to check out that technique as it's gorgeous.