Tuesday, July 24, 2012

cards for soldiers

Hi Friends,

On Sunday July 22nd I had a few ladies over and we made some cards for soldiers.  What is cards for soldiers?  Well, it's a non-profit group run by a lady Pam in New Hampshire.  She collects hand made cards from all over the country and mails them to overseas military posts.  Why?  Well the active military overseas have loved ones here in the states and they use our cards to write home to their family and remember special occasions like birthdays, holidays, anniversaries and also no occasions, like a nice thinking of you or miss you card.  I guess the commissaries overseas have a pretty limited selection of greeting cards so they love the beautiful handmade cards that arrive in the mail.

We made 4 different card designs:



We had a lot of fun making them. I'm sure the service men and women will enjoy sending them and the loved ones will enjoy receiving them.  Sounds like a win-win to me all around.

Check out Pam's blog below if you want more information on her program:

http://cardsforsoldiers.blogspot.com/

Which one is your favorite? I can't decide.  I like them all.  Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Stop back tomorrow for my PTI Blog Hop card - it's a fun one using a great color inspiration.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

They are all terrific cards, Linda! I enjoyed making each one! My favorite is that sweet TCP bunny! See you soon! :D

Pam said...

Thank you to you and all the ladies for the wonderful cards Linda! My favorite is the butterfly one because I love butterflies but they are all terrific! The troops will love them! Thank you for your continued support to my project!