Saturday, July 28, 2012

Christmas in July

Hi Friends,

Did you get a chance to watch the Olympic opening ceremonies yet?  There were some great moments.  I loved Mr. Bean playing piano in the orchestra for Chariots of Fire.  Too funny.  I also loved James Bond and the Queen.   Wasn't the music fabulous?  You can't deny that the U.K. contributes a lot to the musical world.

Lisa Somerville's bloggers challenge this week was 'Christmas in July.'  I inked up this Stampin Up poinsetta image to make this classic card.

http://www.lisasomerville.com/2012/07/christmas-in-july-bloggers-challenge.html





So speaking of Christmas, my friend Kimberly and I did some thing bold, surprising but necessary last week.  I really hope I have the self-discipline to go through with it.  What did we do?  We each agreed that we would buy ONLY ONE new Christmas stamp this year.  GASP.  Yes, you heard right.  O N L Y          O N E    N E W   C H R I S T M A S    S T A M P.    Why?  Well, I have been feeling that I have too many stamp supplies and I need to really scale back - sell some un-loved sets and buy fewer new sets.  And everyone is starting to show their new Christmas lines now and I'm already tempted to buy new stamps.  And I have a lot of Christmas stamps from previous years.  So this year it's time to have a little self-control.  By limiting myself to one new one I'll have to be very careful to not do any impulse buys and really consider which stamp is my favorite for the year.  And I'll have to get together with other stamping friends or classes to use other new products.  I know it can be done.  And now that I've blogged about it, I'll have to be accountable to it.  I think I'll wait to buy my one stamp till October.  Stampin Up has some really cute ones out there and Memory Box has released their holiday sets.  I want to wait and see what Papertrey Ink comes out with and Taylored Expressions.  Sigh.  I think it's going to be a tough choice, but I can do it.  I know I can.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Make it a great day.

3 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

We can do it, Linda! We can! We can! This card is lovely! I especially like the way you added the sentiment to the tag! Wonderfully done, my friend! :D

Pam W. said...

I love this card! The die was perfect for layering your focal image and the sentiment tag is such a sweet touch. Good luck to you and Kimberly!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful holiday card, love the soft colors and use of the die.