Sunday, July 8, 2012

DeNami Blog Hop - Theme - Summer!

Hi friends,

What is your favorite part of summer?  Warm weather?  Fresh fruits and vegetables?  Long days?  Less structured schedule?  Vacation?  I love all of it, except the heat.  I love it when it's low humidity and temperatures between 65-75 degrees.  At the beach, make that ten degrees higher, but when the weather at home gets humid and over 75 I'm miserable.  But the other benefits of summer make up for the hot/humid days.  Thankfully I live in New England so we only have a few hot days each summer.  I don't know how you girls (and guys) handle the heat in the south!

DeNami's Blog Hop challenge this month was summer.   You should have arrived from Inky Jane's site.

http://inkyjane.blogspot.com/

Summer.  What a fun subject.  I had picked up this fun fireworks stamp a few months ago and decided to ink this up and combined it with my cherries and hello sentiment.  For summer, I went with a red/white/blue color scheme and used distressed stickles to add some bling to the fireworks.


Leave me a comment on this blog and be entered to win one of the DeNami gift certificates.  Good luck in the drawing. I would love to see someone win from my blog!

Oh and stop back by next week for photo's, craftiness and stories about our recent trip to Hungary and Ukraine.  My husband and I just got back from our trip to visit my daughter Sarah who is serving as a volunteer in the Peace Corp teaching English.

Your next stop on the blog hop is Deb. http://mycraftroomcreations.blogspot.com/ 

37 comments:

Barb said...

This is perfect! Love the colors and that cherry stamp is too cute!

Deb said...

Linda, love your patriotic card! Those cherries are a perfect addition!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so cute!!

Carol Hartery said...

Love the colors! Love the fireworks display too.

Darcy said...

Simply adorable! Fresh!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh seeing this card makes me think of holiday picnics! Love it!

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Linda, love the fireworks.

Dana said...

Many blessings upon your daughter:)
This card is perfect for summer and the fireworks behind just make me happy!

Heidi H said...

Perfect July/summery card. Very sweet.

Lisa said...

Love this festive card Linda, your sparklers are so cute!

Jane P. said...

Very festive. I"m wondering how it might translate using some Christmas colors.

Kanani said...

Perfect card for summer/4th of July! Nice work!

Miriam Prantner said...

Great card! My husband and I just got back from a trip to Hungary a Romania! It was fun!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun! Love the fireworks

Cardcrafter said...

Very summery! All kinds of summer goodness here! Cute images!

Billie Dee said...

Cute celebration card.

Linda said...

Cute fireworks and I've always loved those cherries! Your trip to see your daughter sounds so interesting. Good for her!

shirley-bee said...

Great card, love the colour scheme and the fireworks!

Susan Martin said...

Great card! Love the sparklers.. thanks for sharing!

Tina M said...

What a darling card...and those cherries are perfect! :)

Nicki S said...

Super cute card! Love the red, white and blue theme :) The cherries are a perfect touch!

Stacy said...

Sparklers and cherries and red, white and blue! Just perfect for summer :)

Dorina D said...

Darling and cute holiday card. Loved the bling on the fireworks. Great job.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a sweet card, Linda! Love those darling cherries! Wonderfully done! :D

Jennifer said...

Two words: air. conditioning. :) That's the only way to survive the summers in the south! :)

This is a super-fun card, Linda! I always look forward to your blog hop posts! Those sparklers are too stinkin' cute! :)

Emily Keaton said...

Linda, your patriotic-themed card is perfect for summer!! And I always think of cherries around the 4th of July! That's my hubby's favorite fruit, and you really can only get them around this time of year. So I always think of cherries and fireworks together, too!! Super fun card. :D

andrea said...

A very cute patriotic card. Nice to see how a simple stamp can really pack a punch!

andrea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Isabel Z said...

Love what you created!

Sheryl said...

Fun fourth card!

Amy Smidebush said...

The sparklers looks great, but I'm such a sucker for cherries. LOVE those cherry accents!

Lori Barnett said...

Fun stuff!!!! I can't wait to get some new DeNami stamps!

...:::Paulina:::... said...

This card is darling! I love that plaid paper you used on the background- it looks great with the stamps you used! Fabulous job, as usual, Linda!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very cute 4th card...love the fireworks.

giggles said...

Very cute.

Sue D said...

Very fun card with the fireworks!

loly borda said...

Great choice of color! And those cherries are su cute.
TFS
Loly Borda