Thursday, July 19, 2012

Fly Away

Today's post is for Impression Obsessions Challenge 'Fly Away.'   You can see all the details of this challenge and the other entries by clicking the link below to the I/O blog.

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2012/07/day-4-cha-summer-dt-blog-hop.html

I know it's a little bit of a stretch, but this adorable lighthouse stamp (H1292 Northern Lighthouse) from I/O has some beautiful seagulls flying in the background.  That's enough flying for me to say these cards count!

A woman at my church asked me to make a bunch of cards for her to use to encourage people and some sympathy cards.  Both are challenging.  Since I know she needs cards for men and women, I struggled to come up with some designs that will work for both sexes.  I grabbed this fun Impression Obsession lighthouse stamp and inked it up in pastel copics and then put it on some masculine/neutral cardstock.  This doesn't come out as especially male, but it's not at all feminine so it will do the job.

Then I used the same image for a sympathy card.  This classic scene is very serene so I thought it would be nice with a sympathy sentiment.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.

4 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Both Beautiful cards ! Great coloring of the images that I think work well for 'manly cards'.

Shirley said...

They are both lovely. I couldn't pick. I think your colors and designs are so pretty! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too, lady!!

Debbie said...

These are beautiful!! Wonderful encouragement/sympathy cards that will be appreciated by your friend and the recipients!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are beautiful cards, Linda! This image is perfect for encouragement or sympathy cards! Wonderfully done! :D