Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Make it Monday Yellows

Hi friends,

I have two posts for your today, both for the papertrey ink make it monday challenge.

http://nicholeheady.typepad.com/capture_the_moment/2012/07/make-it-monday-76-.html
The challenge was to use bleach instead of ink on your stamps.  I've never done this before and it had some interesting effects.

I used my sunflower stamp on Canyon Clay.  It was nice how the bleach turned the orange card stock yellow - perfect for these sunflowers.  The technique was two-fold.  First you were to bleach, then stamp over the bleached areas with color.   I found the stamp over colors were pretty strong so I did some stamping off with the ink to get a more washed out effect.  I even went so far as to bleach part of the sentiment.

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

9 comments:

Marybeth said...

Oh Linda I was so happy to see you used the sunflower that was my second choice. Your card is just gorgeous and I love the way the bleach turned out with this stamp. Great job!

artful-notions said...

Great results. Has a photographic effects. The colors are wonderful.

Kathy Mc said...

Love our results, Linda, using the bleach technique!

Karen said...

oh so lovely!

Helen F. said...

Love how your sunflowers came out yellow with this bleaching technique, Linda. Great design too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What lovely sunflowers, Linda! I like this effect with these colors! Very, very pretty! :D

Suzanne Russell said...

Very pretty, Linda. The sunflowers on the Canyon Clay is a beautiful choice, especially combined with the green accents. Great job. :)

Colleen said...

Linda, love what you did...the colors and stamping are gorgeous!

Linda said...

Both cards are really lovely. I also used Simple Sunflower for my first card on the orange cardstock.