Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Papertrey July Blog Hop Challenge

Hi friends,

Today's post is for the Papertrey Blog Hop.

We had a wonderful inspiration photo to work with.  Aren't these colors great together?
And below is my creation using the inspiration above.
I love how the circle image with the hexagon looks like a sun.  I think I may do this card again only this time making all the hexagons yellow and the mat layer in a different limitless layer so it looks more sun-like.  So many ideas, so little time.  Oh and if you are wondering how I got the hexagons to stay put in the die cut machine, I put some scotch tape on the back of the hexagon die (with the hexagons re-inserted.)  The big kick went right through the tape no issues.

so even though I have plans for another alternate card, for now, I'll just be happy with this fun creation.  I did almost all floral designs this weekend for stamp-a-faire so I intentionally did a non-floral card for the blog hop.  Not that I don't love my florals but I thought my trendy trees set needed some loving too.

This card will go off in the mail next week to my cousin Lin.  I think she'll appreciate the sunny and warm colors that accompany my sunny and warm birthday wishes for her.

So what are you up to today?  We are off to Cape Cod for the day.  I love living in New England and having all the joys of the coast driving distance away.  We'll pack the bikes up on the car, head off with some picnic items and hit the road in a bit.

Our intention is to park the cars at the bike trail, ride 5 miles to Skaket Beach, chill in the sunshine with our picnic and then bike some more.  On the drive home, we'll stop at Sesuit Harbor Inn for the worlds best lobster roll sandwich and maybe some icecream.

http://sesuitharbor-cafe.com/




Is your mouth watering yet?  I know mine is.  I love me a good lobster roll sandwich in the summer-time.  If you've never had one - you've got to try it.

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by my blog.




13 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Ah linda~ I see the hexie bug has bitten you as well!!! They're so addictive! Pretty card too ;)

craftmates said...

Beautiful. LOve how you used the hexie die! - Irma

Kara said...

cute!!

Amber said...

This is so unique! Love it!

Leigh said...

What a great little scene! The hexagon sun is so creative!

Tracey McNeely said...

Really cute and very creative Linda.

Kristii said...

So very pretty!!!

Jacquie Southas said...

love your take - a hexagon sun - genius!

angelabranon said...

That circular hexagon is the best.

Crafty Kate said...

Really cute card! So creative!

nancy jane said...

Creative use of the hexagons. They are so much fun to play with.

Jean said...

Very creative ~ lovely card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a pretty color combination! Terrific design! Hope that you had a grand time at the Cape! :D