Sunday, July 22, 2012

Stamp a faire - limited supply challenge

Hi friends,

This is the first of 3 blog posts today for the various challenges PTI had yesterday.  I was pleasantly surpised to get a phone call at 3:30pm from a stampin friend.    She decided not to go to a family party and come visit me and stamp instead.  She brought lots of her papertrey goodies so we had quite a selection between the two of us to work with.  We got busy around 4pm.  She spent most of the afternoon & evening die cutting from my die collection, while I got busy finishing up a custom order job.  You'll notice all my cards posted today are 'thinking of you' or 'sympathy cards.'  I still needed 3 more of those types for my church ladies order so used the challenges to finish those up.

First up is the card I made for the 'limited supply challenge.'  Here we were restricted to one floral stamp set, the card stock colors aqua mist, hawaiin shores, simply chartreuse and stampers select white.  We could also use a chartreuse button and if we wanted add in any stamp color, twine, dies and glitter.





I love this color combination.  Stunning.  I will totally remember this for another time.  Since Karen was here with her quatrafoil die, I decided to use that with the aqua mist to make a beautiful backdrop for my rosie posie images.  I inked the die cut flowers in harvest gold and added some light glitter to them.  Then I did the leaves in chartreuse, added the twine and button and voila.  This baby actually came together in a hurry.

I think this die is going to have to be in my cart for my next order.  It is so pretty with the florals and I've been doing a ton of floral cards lately.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These colors ARE beautiful together and I LOVE this die! What a pretty creation! :D