Monday, July 16, 2012

Stampin Sisters in Christ Entry

Hello friends,

How are you on this fine Monday?  Is it hot where you are today?  It is unbearably hot in New England.  We don’t have central A/C in our house, but thankfully we have an A/C unit in our bedroom, so when it gets too unbearable I go hide in the bedroom with my ipad and cool off.  So how is your summer going?  Going is the key word for my summer.  I can’t believe how fast it is going by.  We will have an empty nest in just about a month.  It is starting to sink in for all of us.  Eric got his roommate assignment on Friday.  His roommate seems perfect for him.  Nice, normal guy from Atlanta.  He too is an engineering major with a girlfriend.  I hope they are compatible: seems like they should be.  
I had to laugh about how times have changed though.  When I got my roommate assignment I got a phone # and an address.  I called my roommate and we exchanged pictures through the mail.  This was 1981.  For Eric, the first thing he did was facebook stalk the kid, friend requested him and sent him a text.  They have had numerous conversations but not one of them was on the phone.  Everything is text.  He only knows what this kids voice sounds like because he watched a video the kid has posted on facebook.  It is times like this that I’m glad Eric doesn’t post a lot of nonsense on facebook page.  His facebook profile was this kid’s first impression of him so it was good that most of his stuff was pretty true to who he is.

Well, let me tell you about my crafty creation today.  The challenge for Stampin Sisters for Christ was based on the scripture passage about salt and light.  The challenge was to sprinkle some bling on your creation.
While reading about Papertrey ink’s new release projects, I happened upon a beautiful card creation by Melissa Philips.  I love the romantic feel of the flowers and patterned papers.  I loved the layout so I made my own card based on her layout.  I love the old fashioned, elegant look of yellow roses so I made my roses yellow and added glitter and bling to them.

So first is my creation.


And below is the inspiration card from Melissa. 

You can check out her post about her card below:


Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great one.

5 comments:

Susan said...

That is a beautiful card! I love the bling on the flower and the sentiment is perfect. I also enjoyed reading about how your son "met" his new roommate. So funny! And my how things change. I'm starting to feel old. ;)

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Absolutely beautiful!! :-)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This card is so beautiful, Linda! Love the sparkle that you added! Great mix of colors too! :D

Helen said...

Your card is beautiful! I love your yellow flowers and sparkle! Thank you for sharing it with us this week at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

MariLynn said...

Beautiful cards. I had to laugh when I read about the new room-mates. Both my daughters when they found out who their room-mates were, facebook stalked them too. I guess that is how they do it now.