Monday, August 6, 2012

2 cards and update on my weight loss

Hi friends,

I have two cards to share with you today and it's been a while since I gave you an update on my weight loss so I thought I'd update you on that today as well.

First up is my second entry in the Play Date Cafe.





Above is the inspiration photo to use this week.
Below is my second card for this challenge.
A few days ago I posted a TSG's card using these colors, but as soon as I posted it I realized I also wanted to do a card with these colors using my 'Kitties Kit' beach scene stamps.  The inspiration photo includes fun glasses and a polka dot bathing suit - perfect for my stamps with these beach images.





Next up is a card for Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge to make a baby themed card.  I rarely make these but had fun using my old SU stamp punch and these 'yellow bicycle' patterned papers.
It's a little plain, but the colors are fun.



So about my weight loss progress.  Last January I joined weight watchers (well rejoined is the better description.)  I hoped to lose 20 pounds.  The first three months were pretty hard.  I often followed the program carefully only to lose .2 pounds in a week.  ugh.  If you follow my blog you remember my frustration, but I persevered.  Now I'm down 15 pounds from my starting weight and only 5 pounds from my goal.  The last two months, the weight has come off much easier.   I really don't know why.  Maybe I've learned to manage my portions better, maybe my added activity has kicked up my metabolism, maybe I have a tape worm - I don't really understand why, but I'll take it.  The other really good thing is that my waist measurement is now at 35".  According to some experts, having a waist diameter of less than 35" significantly reduces your risk for diabetes and other health issues.  When I was 17, I never would have imagined that I'd be happy with a waist size over 30."  Back then, 35" that should have been my bust measurement and my waist should have been 10 inches less - 24."  Funny how age can change perspectives like this.



And just a word or two about my 'goal weight.'  I am not 5 pounds away from 125 pounds.  I have given up on weights in that range.   About 5 years ago my doctor said I should lose 10 pounds.  I proceeded to take a few years to gain 10 pounds.  So my goal weight is the 10 pounds down from where I was 5 years ago.  My doctor wrote a note and thus weight watchers has accepted my goal weight which is about 15 pounds more than what they would say my goal weight should be for my height.  I'll be very happy to maintain this new goal weight for the rest of my life.  I am very okay with never getting to 125 every again.  If it happens, great, if not, I'll just strive to keep my weight under control and my body healthy.


I hope to get to my goal weight in September.  When I get there I have promised myself a new workout outfit from lululemon and I'll show you pictures from before, during and after.



Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

9 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

adorable card~thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Linda! First, I wanted to say congrats on your weight loss. I know it's a journey, and a difficult one at that. I've gone from 210 down to 150, and I'm still working on it. It's more of a life change. But when I considered that our bodies are a temple of the Living God, it made it so much easier.

Your cards are just wonderful. I so enjoy meeting crafters who share their God-given talents to bless others and glorify Him as you have clearly done. I'm so glad I found your blog.

I head up the "Sister Site" to Stampin' Sisters in Christ. It is called Word Art Wednesday, and is (obviously) another Christian Challenge Blog. We share free word art/scripture each week, but you are not required to use it. You can add anything encouraging/uplifting (basically G-rated) and I would be SO BLESSED to have you stop by and play along with us. I know our Design Team would love to meet you and see your inspiring work and blog.

I just took a moment to pray for you as I stopped by to visit, and hope that you are having a blessed week. I look forward to seeing more of your lovely work, and to hearing from you. Here is the address to Word Art Wednesday where I really hope you will decide to play along:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

I'd also LOVE having you visit and follow my personal blog when you get a moment. I love following Christian bloggers as well (if that's OK with you).
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Have a great week.
Blessings to you,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Veronica Z said...

Linda your card is beautiful! I love all of the pretty patterned paper! Thank you for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Congrats on your weight loss, my friend! I, for one, know that it is not easy! I'm very proud of you!

Your card is delightful, Linda! This set is just perfect for this particular challenge! Wonderfully done! :D

Steve Paul said...

Congrats! now i think that you should try something new like PVC cards it would be good for you.

~amy~ said...

awesome cards...Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Loved reading about your weight loss journey...It is funny how things change as we get older, right? Good luck to you and super big congrats on the 15 pounds!

ScrappySandie said...

Adorable CAS baby card! Love your color choices! Thanks for joining our challenge this week at SSiC!
Blessings!
Sandie

Michelle said...

Linda - I have never stopped by your blog before. I was delighted! Your pictures not he sidebar are so sweet. I love that your banner has scripture on it. Your card was great (I love the blue stars peeking out from behind the dotted ones!)! And I love your story about your weight loss journey. I spent about 2 years losing 40 pounds. At the beginning of this year I was in the middle of losing the last 5 when I had a serious accident. The near immobile state of the next 2 months put 12 lbs back on. I'm hoping to take it off eventually but since the Lord intervened and I am still with my family, being wife and mom, I am ok with the extra weight right now. God is so good. Your blog blessed me today dear sister!
Blessings to you,
Michelle
(check out Thin Within....google them. I have their devotional. It helped me TONS!)

Michelle said...

haha...silly me! I forgot to thank you for joining us at SSiC this week! Sheesh! ;)
Blessings,
Michelle