Friday, August 17, 2012

Back to School

Hi friends,

I have a back to school card to share with you for Lisa Somerville's Bloggers Challenge and for There She Goes weekly challenge.

http://www.lisasomerville.com/

http://tsgclearstamps.blogspot.com/2012/08/tsg169-back-to-school.html

I had been the randomly selected weekly winner at There She Goes a few weeks ago and got a discount off my order so I added this stamp set 'Inner Child' to my collection.  I thought this image of this girl coloring was perfect for back to school.  I inked her up on some Stella Rose paper and added her to a MFT doily die cut background.  This is an unusual color combination but that melon color is actually picked up in the stripped graph paper so in person it works pretty well.

So do you feel about 'back to school.' Is it 'the most wonderful time of year' or is it different for you?  My boss and I were talking recently.  His youngest son starts kindergarten and they just now decided to have him to go to full day kindergarten because he would get an awesome teacher and they think it will be the best option for him.  But his wife is struggling with it.  She's got a big adjustment ahead - being a stay home mom and sending your youngest to kindergarten (and all day kindergarten at that) is a big deal.  I'm sure she'll do okay, but it will be a big thing. How about you?  Any big deal back to school things this year for you?

Leave a comment.  I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.

6 comments:

Lyndal said...

Gorgeous colouring Linda :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is adorable, Linda! Sweet image! Sending the youngest to all day kindergarten is very difficult...at least for me...lol! My best advice for your boss' wife is to volunteer at school! It still gives her time to plant some roots and let her little one grow some wings! :D

Basement Stamper said...

Congrats on the win at TSG, love their stamps. This card is so cute, love this image.

Jenny said...

This is just darling! Love the graph paper in the background!

Karen said...

What a cute stamp set! I really like the graph paper with the swirly blue background paper.

I am grateful for the routine of the school year, so I am all for back to school! It will be challenging, though, with my kids in three different schools this year.

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a sweet image for BTS, love the added graph paper!