Friday, August 24, 2012

Black and White and Splash of Green

Hi friends,

Happy Friday,

Today's card is a beautiful black and white creation using a favorite scripture verse - Philippians 4:8

'Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.'

If you struggle with negative self talk or fear, I recommend you memorize this verse and when you feel the fearful or mean thoughts pop into your head, you counter them with this verse.   In some cases, the things you are thinking may be true, but by focusing only on thoughts that are both true and lovely, you can really modify your attitude.  It worked for me.  So for instance I used to think 'I am overweight, I am a glutton', but instead of focusing on that (which again, may have been true) I chose instead to focus on other thoughts - like the fact that Jesus loves me, I am a good mother and I have friends.   It didn't do me any good to focus on the fact that I was overweight.  It did me good to focus on the fact that I am loved. 

This card is for several challenges. 

1) Lisa Somerville's Bloggers Challenge - Black, White and a splash of color.
http://www.lisasomerville.com/2012/08/bloggers-challenge-color-splash.html
2) The Play Date Cafe Challenge - Black, White and a splash of green.

http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/2012/08/make-splash-at-play-date-cafe-pdcc146.html
3) Stampin Sisters in Christ - Sentiment only.
http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2012/08/challenge-153-proverbs-305.html

Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog today.  Come back tomorrow for my card using Argyle and Texture for the papertrey ink blog hop.

7 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Great saying and love the papers you used behind it. Guess we had the same thoughts this week :-)

Angi said...

This is a beautiful design. Thanks for playing with us at the Play Date Cafe.

~amy~ said...

such a pretty card! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Diane said...

What a beautiful card...and I love that color combination. Great use of the challenge colors. That verse is also one of my favorites and is perfect for our Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge this week. Thanks for adding your lovely inspiration to our blog! Diane Noble (SSIC-DT)

Donna Bowman said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing this week at The Play Date Cafe.

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This verse is beautiful and your card is just lovely, Linda! The splash of green is fantastic! :D

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! Love the pop of lime, design, added flourishes and verse!