Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Celebrate your day (MIM & SSSC)

Hi friends,

Today's card is a fun and festive birthday card using some of my new October Afternoon 'Cake Walk' paper and the Make It Monday challenge technique of making garland.



The card also utilizes Karen Giron's sweet sunday sketch.

My photo's don't show it well, but the banner was created using a PTI die and cutting 8 triangles.   I glued the triangles together with the twine in the middle to create the garland.  It's a fun technique and I"ll use this one again.

I am off to my Yoga/Pilates/Chi class then I'll be taking Bridget to Mass General for her next to last radiation treatment.  She is really ready to be done with her cancer treatment and I'll be glad to spend time with her today to make her final treatments not so miserable.  I continue to pray that the cancer is gone completely and she can live a full, healthy life from this point forward.




2 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Linda your banner is awesome. I never thought to create that one with patterned paper. Love it.

Karen said...

I love this - once again, the papers are so beautifully coordinated and allow the cute banner and the sentiment circle to shine. Great card!