Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Gnome Birthday Card

I just adore these cute little gnome men from the 'There She Goes' little friend set.   When I saw the TSG sketch this week, I decided to ink up Mr. Gnome with the flower pot for my card.

I actually used some scraps to make this card.  I keep a huge stack of scrap paper (leftovers from other cards where I didn't need the full page) and most of the time it just sits there, gathering dust.  But today I reached in there and found this darling floral paper and trimmed off a square to use in this sketch.  What about you?  How do you keep your scraps?  Do you go to them often?

I finished this card and for a moment, only a moment, thought about using it for Eric's birthday.  But then I looked at it again and realized it's pretty girly.  A great card for a guy to give to a girl.  Not so great for Eric.  But I may ink up another gnome from this set for his card.  His birthday is early September.  I better get to it.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Have a great day.

2 comments:

Candace said...

Such a CUTE card!! Thanks for playing along with us at There She Goes!! :)

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh my! This is just darling, Linda! I love this sketch! I'm putting this one in my collection! :D