Monday, August 13, 2012

Home

Hi friends,

Happy Monday,



Today's post is for Stampin Sisters in Christ challenge.  The verse for the week is 'In my Father's house are many dwelling places' from John 14.  What a beautiful image of God the father, preparing a place for us after we depart this world. We were challenged to make a card of something that says home to us.

I needed to make a thank you for your hospitality card and I thought to grab this papertrey ink chairished set.  I love the idea of a comfy chair, a lamp and a good dog by my side.   That certainly says 'home' to me and I thought it would make a fun image for the thank you card.  The thank you is for a man, so all the more reason to go with a less homey image for this one.

It's hard to see, even in the close up picture, but the seats of the chairs have texture in the form of dusty powder glued on.  It is meant to convey the idea of a velvet fabric chair.

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

 

5 comments:

Debbie said...

This is fantastic!! Great thank you card!!

ScrappySandie said...

Hi Linda! Your Thank You card is perfect for our challenge! Love the images you chose and the DP's. And your paper-piecing of the lamp and rug is such a nice touch! Thanks so much for joining us at SSiC!
Sandie

Karen said...

I love this card - it has such a warm, homey feel, perfect for your thank you sentiment.

Traci M said...

Linda, you made a wonderful card for my challenge this week...love the rich Kraft with the red...and that sentiment is too cute!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at SSiC!!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Linda - Love the simplicity of this card! the DP is great, and I love the texture on the chairs! Great idea! And you paper-pieced the lampshade?? Love it! Thanks for joining us this week at SSiC.
Blessings,
Michelle