Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lot's of Cards

Hi friends,

I have three cards to show you today.
First up I have this masculine lighthouse card using Impression Obsessions stamp set (H1292 Northern Lighthouse.)  I saw this nautical rope at Michaels the other day and almost didn't buy it, but I'm glad I brought it home, it was perfect for this card and I'm sure I'll use it in no time (I also had a 25% my entire purchase coupon.)  The papers are from Webster Pages, I thought they were perfect for my nautical themed card and I lightly colored the image with my tombow pencils I got in Japan.

This challenge is titled 'it's a mans world.'  I always have a need for masculine cards so I was glad to have a chance to make this.  Check out the link below to play along.  You could win a $25.00 gift card - not bad - eh?

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2012/08/its-a-mans-world-challenge.html

Next up is a fun card for The PlayDate Cafe.  This is a weekly challenge I don't often participate in, but want to.  They offer some pretty color combinations and I'm going to try to participate more often.

They provide a photo inspiration to match the color challenge of the week.

I knew right away I wanted to make a creation using my new stamp set from TSG's 'Oh Crop.'  There are so many fun images in this set, the hardest part was choosing which image to work with.  Now that I see the inspiration photo again I wish I had used my poppy polka dot instead of gingham, but oh well.  The gingham is quite country.  I may play again using my beach scene... those glasses and bathing suit are begging to be paired together for this inspiration.

You can play along too.  I added the blog link below.
http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-play-date-cafe-new-term-begins.html

And lastly I made this fun pink mermaid for the YNS challenge.

http://yournextstamp.blogspot.com/2012/08/ynsc-9-colour-challenge.html

There challenge was to use yellow, orange, light pink and dark pink.  I inked up Fhiona (the mermaid) and used these My Mind's Eye Papers.  I just got an e-mail last week about an intermediate copic coloring class in September.  I struggle with coloring hair with the correct shading.  I may sign up for that class just so I can do a better job with hair coloring.  I learned a lot at the first class, I know I need to practice more too, but I think the second class will be worthwhile.  I think I'm free on that day, but need to confirm before I sign up.

It's been really hot and humid here the last few days.  To beat the heat I've been hiding in the basement (where my craft room is) and crafting and watching the olympics.  I'll probably have a few more posts for you next week. The heat wave probably won't break here until September and as far as I can tell we still have at least another week of olympics.

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

11 comments:

Shirley said...

Wow, Linda! Your lighthouse is wonderful and the DP you chose really shows it off!! Love what you did with the punched edge and button too! Thanks so much for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

~amy~ said...

super cards...I really like what you've done with The Play Date Cafe colors! Thanks for playing with us!

Karen said...

I especially love your lighthouse card - the image is beautiful, and the papers you chose for the background are just perfect!

Connie Mercer said...

wonderful card~love the stamp you used!! Thanks for playing with us at the PDCC!!

Craftyfield said...

Love the masculine feel of the card and the rope & button is a great detail. Wonderful stamp too !

Veronica Z said...

Your cards are wonderful! I love your barn yard themed card. Totally adorable! Thank you for playing along this week at The Play Date Cafe!

Ellen said...

3 FAbulous cards! I especially love the lighthouse! Awesome layout!

Julie E said...

3 cute cards!!! I am of course partial to the mermaid :>) Thanks for joining us at YNS!!!

wendy said...

very crafty! thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp !

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Super sweet mermaid card Linda! Thanks for joining us for our YNS color challenge!

Suzanne Bier said...

Love your super cute mermaid card, Linda! Thanks for joining our color challenge at Your Next Stamp!