Saturday, August 25, 2012

Papertrey August Blog Hop Challenge

Hi friends,

Can you believe that it's August 25th already?  You know what that means don't you?  Why if it's the 25th it's time for the papertrey ink blog hop challenge.  


The challenge was all about textiles and texture.

I chose to ink up my chair-ished set and my argyle set.  I used a combination of cork, felt and dry embossing to add the texture to the card.

Argyle was one of my first papertrey ink stamp sets.  I was almost reluctant to buy it, thinking it would be hard to use, but I love this set and use it often - especially for masculine cards.

So we have a beautiful late summer day in New England.  Warm and sunny and happily not a lot of plans.  I'm off to yoga in a bit and then I have a young family coming to look at our piano that's for sale.  I hope they like it.  I put it on Craig's list Thursday and would love to sell it soon.  Now that our youngest son is off to college we are starting the process of downsizing.  Selling off some things is the first step.  Then in the early spring we'll put the house on the market.  Lots to do but it's not so overwhelming when you take it one step at a time.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.



12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Linda this is such a fun and fabulous card. A cozy warm feeling.

Rhonda said...

What a great use of the chair. Love that is matches the card border.

Wanda G (stampcat) said...

Hi Linda! I adore this! I love argyle and the way you put it all together is perfect. How fun!

Jill Norwood said...

Linda this is a lovely card! I love the chair, the sweet dog, the die cutting, the argyle! Gorgeous!

bjmartin said...

I love the neutral palette - the layers and texture are lovely!

Leigh said...

This is so soft and lovely! I love the felt mat stack!

Cindy H. said...

What a wonderful masculine card! Love all the different textures.

Joyce said...

Love your argyle and the chair. What a clever card.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Just love your card! I should pull my chair set out more often. Super job.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the argyle background and chair - great texture & colors!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Fantastic card, Linda! Love all of the texture...simply wonderful! Beautifully done, my Friend! :D

Juanita B said...

Fabulous job!! I LOVE your card, TFS.