Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Scene

Hi Friends,

Today's post is a simple card for the Impression Obsession Gray and Yellow challenge. My friend Karen let me borrow this I/O stamp set Garden Gate (H1859.)  Isn't this scene so serene and pretty?  It makes me want to get a glass of ice tea and a book and sit down on that rocker for a spell.

I thought it might be pretty to only color some of the image - mostly the gray, yellow and green items to give those a little more emphasis.  I used my copics to do this and then put it together on stampin up 'so saffron' patterned paper.

Check out the Impression Obsession blog to see what other people did with this challenge or to get the rules so you can play along too!

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/2012/08/its-the-yellow-gray-challenge.html

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

How really beautiful, Linda! And so very creative with the grays and yellows too! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Very pretty, Linda! I love yellow and gray together! What a wonderful image! :D

Kathy Ethington said...

I love your idea of just coloring a few parts of the stamp...great job!!! Very sweet card.

stampqueen said...

Very pretty scene - I agree a nice cup of tea and a good book!!!!

Craftyfield said...

The partial coloring works very well... clever idea.

Karen said...

Love the selective coloring so much - great color scheme, too. I think this technique really brings out the best in this stamp. Just gorgeous!

Shona said...

The way you coloured this card is so fabulous. It really draws you into the picture.

Katie said...

When I first saw your card I thought you used flowersoft because it looks like it has dimension. The gray coloring looks awesome, and I picked out the cat head in front. Oh, love the scallop on the side, neat idea. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.