Thursday, August 2, 2012

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge

Hi friends,

Today's post is a card I made for Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge SSSC164.
I decided to ink up this My Favorite Things garden girl and do some paper piecing.  I forgot how hard it is to paper piece this girl with her watering can.  I also forgot to leave a mask when I added clouds to my background so to remedy that, I did more paper piecing with the girls face.  And since I was in paper piecing hell mode I decide to paper piece her hair bows and shoes.  I was watching the olympics (diving I think) and just took my time coloring and cutting.  That is the beauty of stamping in the evening in front of the TV.  A card can take 2 or 3 hours, but who cares?

Check out the sketch below and Karen's website.


http://kgiron.blogspot.com/2012/07/sweet-sunday-sketch-challenge-164.html

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.

4 comments:

Karen said...

So sweet! I love the way your backgrounds come together, especially the way her dress matches the grass. Love the clouds, too. And did you really cut those tiny pieces??

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Oh, so cute, Linda! This girl is so sweet, but yes, she is a beast to paper piece! Fantastic mix of papers! :D

Lori said...

Adorable! Love all that paper piecing! Thanks for joining us for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.

Debbie said...

This is very cute!! Wonderful take on that sketch!!