Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Things that make me smile

Hi friends,

I was encouraged to participate in a new challenge this week.

It is from a christian card making group called Word Art Wednesday.

http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/

Their challenge this week was to make a card that reflects something that makes me smile, based on this lovely quote from Mother Teresa.


So what makes me smile?  Lots of things, but the thing I honed in on this week was coffee.  A good cup of coffee first thing in the morning definitely makes me smile.  So does an afternoon latte.  And coffee makes me think of my darling daughter Sarah (a true coffee freak) and she always makes me smile. So lots of reasons to smile when using this image on my card.
I inked up my new Elle loves coffee stamp from Your Next Stamp and did some fun paper piecing.  The only problem I had was I used a pre-made tag and the tage was very glossy.  I had the darnedest time coloring her hair.  The ink kept smearing.  Next time I'll be using my 'good' marker paper (papertrey ink stampers select white) and I'll make my own tag.  Lesson learned.  The paper does make a BIG difference in the coloring results.

Aren't these 'My Mind's Eye' papers perfect for fall?  Love them and I thought the striped papers for her skirt were just right.

Since the YNS challenge this week was 'anything goes' this card is perfect for that challenge too.

http://yournextstamp.blogspot.com/2012/08/ynsc11-anything-goes.html

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Stop back tomorrow for a card using my gnome set 'my little friend' from There She Goes.


6 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Linda! This is super cute, and I'm blessed that you were able to play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. I love seeing your darling creations, and I THANK YOU for joining us!
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

wendy said...

terrific card, great paper piecing Thanks for joining us at Your Next Stamp!

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

Ellie loves Lattes and coffee make me smile too! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes YNS Challenge!

Suzanne Bier said...

Ellie Loves Lattes is one of my favorite YNS images...always makes me smile! Thanks for sharing your darling card with our Anything Goes challenge at Your Next Stamp!

Julie E said...

Such sweetness! What wonderful colors - such a fun tag. Thanks for joining us at YNS!!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

I wish I liked coffee...there are so many cute coffee stamps out there! I'm a good ole Lipton tea girl...lol! Delightful card...love all of the paper piecing! :D