Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tumbling Chickies

Hi friends,

Today's post is for a DeNami stamp challenge. 

http://denami.blogspot.com/2012/08/denami-sketch-challenge-13.html

They have a sketch challenge going on now and when I saw the sketch I knew right away I wanted to use my tumbling chickies image and do a grass and cloud scene.  I took a few liberties with the sketch and moved my sentiment and left out a horizontal design element, but I hope it's close enough to the sketch to count.





I made my background using my cloud die, a sponge and some Tim Holz Ranger Ink.  Then I stamped my tumblers and colored them in.  Can you see that the chickies have pink hair bows?

Can you also see that the green has some dry embossing on it?  
When I played along with Papertrey Ink's Stamp a faire event one of the things they did was 'card make-overs.'   People could submit cards to the design team and the design team would re-do their card - keeping the original theme but adding a little something - something to it to improve it.  I noticed that almost all the changed cards had texture added to them so I'm trying to add more texture to my cards and I like the results.  Especially this texture.  It's subtle and doesn't take away from the simplicity of the card but it does add a nice visual element.

So what are you up to today?  We have a beautiful weather day here in New England.  Warm, but not humid.  Today is a rare day where I do not have to work but also don't have a lot of other obligations.  I have a nail appointment (big decisions - what color for today?), I've made plans to meet Bridget at Starbucks and I'm hoping to get a granny jog in and a yoga class.  Oh, and I do need to get some groceries along the way as well.  Hope you have a great day.  Thanks for stopping by my blog.  Come back again!


10 comments:

Stacy said...

This tumbling chickies card is so cute and so summery! Love it!

Karen said...

This card is totally adorable! Love the chickies and especially the diagonal design. I agree that the embossed texture adds subtle but definite interest.

Paulina said...

Oh my, this card is ADORABLE, Linda! I am in awe of your sponged cloud background! Also, the Cartwheeling Chickies was such a great choice for this sketch- you're so creative!

Thank you for joining us in the DeNami challenge!

Deanna Jean said...

Linda this is so cute. What a fun card. So glad you were able to play along with the challenge.

Linda said...

This one made me giggle! It is just so cute! And your clouds are perfect!

andrea said...

at the risk of being ostrasized from the DeNami community...I'm not a big fan of the "chickies"... just not "my thing"...however, this card is WONDERFUL! It's so very clever and you've done a terriffic job!

Lisa said...

Weeee this is SO FUN!! Great idea and your sky looks wonderful!

Greta said...

Adorable card with great details!

Tina M said...

Wow, that sponged cloud is amazing...I thought for sure it was patterned paper! The cartwheeling chickies are too adorable and really make me smile :)

Barb said...

what a perfect take on the challenge! those tumbling chickies are awesome! great design...so happy, fun and cute!