Friday, August 10, 2012

When pigs fly

This is such a ridiculous and fun expression.  I loved this saying in the 'Oh Crop' stamp set by There She Goes.  This farmer boy is adorable too.  I had fun coloring up his hair and practicing my hair shading.

 This card is for two challenges.  This card is for Lisa Somerville's bloggers challenge.

 http://www.lisasomerville.com/2012/08/bloggers-challenge-add-texture.html

Her challenge was to ADD TEXTURE.  I did a few different textures - all the non-standard type.  First, the orange layer was dry embossed with a PTI chicken wire embossing plate.  Next I added texture to the farm boys glasses by layering over it with crystal effects glue.  And I added some stickles and smooches to my flying pigs.  I think that counts for texture - don't you?
I played along with The Play Date Cafe this week and their super fun color combination - pink, orange and yellow.  This is a really fun summer color combination and I loved getting creative with it.

http://theplaydatecafe.blogspot.com/2012/08/the-play-date-cafe-welcomes-jen.html

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

8 comments:

butterfly said...

What a fun, funky card! I love his bulging glasses, and your colouring on the image is great!
Alison x

Basement Stamper said...

Oh how I love this card and have been debating whether to get this set or not. I love it!

Patrice said...

Great use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/08/52-card-pickup-week-32.html

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, lwonderful added texture and use of color!

Jocelyn Olson said...

Your card made me laugh out loud--how clever! The texture is great--I didn't see the chicken wire at first, but it works perfectly. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

~amy~ said...

This is incredibly fun! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Stacy said...

This is such a fun card, love it! Thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe!

Anonymous said...

thanks for share...徵信社