Sunday, August 26, 2012

YNS sketch challenge

Hi friends,

How is your sunday going?  I hope you are able to enjoy a peaceful, restful day.  It's sooo good to take some time in your week to slow down. In our house, we try to use Sunday for that. 

Sunday for us is usually Bob leaving around 8:10 to head to church.  I use that time to go for a run and then relax with an extra cup of coffee.  I head to church around 10:15.  I love going to church.  I see my friends, listen to an inspiring message and worship God with upbeat music.  Then it's off to lunch somewhere (sometimes breakfast at the local spot, other times, subs to go from the deli or maybe even throwing something together at home.)   After that, I often take the dogs for a walk, work on a project around the house, craft or watch football.  Bob may head over to the golf course or do some projects around the house.

Bob almost always vacuums on a  Sunday.  How nice is that.  A husband who vacuums.

Today, I plan to go through my closet and transfer some summer clothes to the basement and get out some of my fall things.  I have a bad habit of forgetting what my next season clothes are and then seeing something in a store and loving it.  It is not unusual for me to accidentally buy a shirt in the same color I have at home because I forgot I had it!  Sigh.  To avoid this, I try to get my next season clothes up and in my closet before they start showing them in the stores.  It also helps if I stay out of the stores.  I won't bring all my summer stuff down, but it's time to start transitioning some of them out.  I like to keep my closet uncluttered so I try to keep only about 12 outfits in there at a time.  I try to rotate through every 12 weeks.

What is your system for storing your clothes?

Okay, enough chit chat.  On to my card for the day.

The YNS challenge this week was a sketch challenge.  I inked up Ellie walks the dog for this and used some older patterned paper.  I paper pieced her jacket with the argyle and fussy cut both her and her dog out to fit it on the circle die cut.  Isn't she adorable and fall like?

Have a great day.  Thanks for visiting my blog.

4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Happy Sunday, Linda! Hope you enjoyed your day! Delightful card! That pup is just too cute, and I love how you paper pieced her top! :D

wendy said...

really great card, thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge at Your Next Stamp

Julie E said...

Such sweetness! You really combined the colors well tying in the image with the papers. So glad you joined us at YNS!!!

Juanita B said...

Ellie and her puppy are adorable. I LOVE your work. TFS.