Thursday, September 6, 2012

Birthday Cards

Hi friends,

I don't know why I rarely make birthday cards. They are the cards I need most and they are super fun to create.  Note to self - make more birthday cards!

Today's post has three birthday cards.  One of my new favorite stamp companies 'There She Goes' is celebrating their 4th birthday with challenges and prizes.  Each day they are offering a different birthday challenge and participants that do all 5 challenges can be eligible to win a big prize pack.

So, here are my first 3 creations for the first 3 challenges.

Day 1 challenge - use numbers in your card.




My October Afternoon Cake Walk papers had some numbers on them so I chose them.  I added some glossy accents to the windows of the mushroom house (from the stamp set 'my little friend), but otherwise kept the card pretty simple.  The papers are vibrant so I figured they don't need a lot of extra fuss.

Day 2 challenge was to make a boy birthday card.  For this one I used 'Oh Crop' and October Afternoon papers.  I paper pieced the corn field on the green paper and then added some flowersoft to the barn to make the hay and grass have some texture.

Day 3's challenge was a photo inspiration.

This turquoise and bright red color combination is a fun one - especially for birthday cards and I inked up the artist girl for this one.  I did a double paper piecing for her apron and added glossy accents to the paint on her brush and her paint tube.



Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Stop by tomorrow for my fall creation for bloggers challenge and some photo's from our Labor Day weekend excursion to cape cod.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

All 3 of these are so pretty!! I love the fun colors and DP's!!

Theresa said...

All three of your cards are just fabulous! I love the artist one with those wonderful polka dots. The barn is outstanding. Amazing coloring on the shroom house. Thanks for joining us in the birthday celebration at There She Goes.

Master said...

Wonderful greetings. Must say good work!!

PamSpradlin said...

Such wonderful inspiration today. Love all three cards very much.

Sandra MacLean said...

These are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE Linda!! I dare not even pick a favorite! lol Thanks so much for playing along with our challenges! ((hugs))

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

All of these are just adorable!!!Thank you so much for playing along with the TSG Birthday challenge!!!