Sunday, September 9, 2012

DeNami Back to School Blog Hop

Hi friends,

Today's post is for the DeNami September Blog Hop.  You probably arrived from Wendy Harrill's site.

http://denamiaddict.blogspot.com/

Back to school for our family this year didn't involve pencils, notebooks or school buses.  My youngest son started COLLEGE this year.  He chose a big southern college so back to school for us means - FOOTBALL.

Can you guess what school he is attending?

 If you guessed Clemson then pat yourself on the back.  You know your college football teams.

So I got a little creative with this card.  I am not from the south (we are New Englanders) so the whole idea of southern college football is all new to me.  I understand that for college football in the south, it is a big fashion, dress-up event for the girls.  So I had fun outfitting the hula girl chickie in some orange and purple, glittery fun to represent all the young girls getting all decked out for the games.  Notice how each of their outfits is a little different?
And what would a dress up outfit be without some bling?  So, the girls each have some glitter on their skirt or hairbow.

So be sure to leave me a comment so you can be eligible to win some fun DeNami prizes.

Next stop on the hop is Barbara Murphy.  Click the link below to go there.

http://kinsalecreations.blogspot.com/ 

Need to get back to the DeNami blog?  No problem.  Here is the DeNami blog link.

www.denami.blogspot.com 

Thanks for visiting.  Have a great day.

30 comments:

Deb said...

Linda, I love your take on this challenge!! Coming from the south (and I am talking SEC), football is big. And yes, girls do like to bling it up. You nailed it with that adorable hula chickie!!

Barb said...

wow this is awesome! i love the colors, chevrons and line of chickie cheerleaders. great design :)

Linda said...

This one caught me giggling! What a fun card! Sports AND bling!

Rochelle said...

I think the bling on the skirts and hairbows is so cute! Go Tigers!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!! Yay!!

Stacy said...

Very cute card... love the hula chickies!

Susan Martin said...

Wow!! Love your little cheerleaders! :) Just perfect! I LOVE IT!!

Ruza Rebel said...

Super CUTE card! Love how you used the school colors to create this lovely with the chickies! ;o)

Tracey McNeely said...

Linda this is such a fantastic card! I love the direction you went with the chick, so cool.

Deanna Jean said...

What a fun card. I love what you did to the little girl chickie..great idea.

Christine H said...

Way cute! Being Canadian, I don't "get" college football. So I appreciated the explanation. I thought they were adorable cheerleaders. Oops. Loved the theme.

Wendy said...

Very creative! Perfect back to school theme!

Christine Zani said...

wow, i love the shading under the chickies - a great way to "ground" such a small image. i like it!

Emily Keaton said...

Linda, this is ADORABLE!! Your chickies are just the cutest in all of their individualized dresses, and the purple and orange is so much fun. LOVE those great paper chevrons, too! And how could I forget the fierce-looking football chickie? This is *great* for back to school. :D

Brenda said...

Love it! Love the cheverons!

Geri said...

This is fabulous! Chickie with the helmet nearly sent me into hysterics! Love the color combo!

Amy Smidebush said...

Super cute! LOVE the chevron, and I ADORE how you used the hula chickies!

Julie said...

cute fall card.

Cardcrafter said...

What a fun way to show team spirit! Love the chickies!

Heidi H said...

I love this!! It is so creative, and I love the little hula cheerleaders. Such a sweet card.

Tina M said...

This is to stinkin' adorable!!! Very creative :)

Lisa said...

Super fun Linda! Your colors would work for our Cleveland Browns!

Dixieglitzie said...

being a southern chickie myself...I LOVE THIS CARD:)

Cynthia B. said...

The glittered skirts are adorable!! And of course the bling is a great touch - love the chevrons -good luck to your son at Clemson!

Jennifer said...

Your blingy chicks made my day!!! Perfect for football season! :)

Dana said...

This is so incredible! I cannot believe the different outfits on the cheerleaders and those awesome zig zags! Congrats to your son:)

Miriam Prantner said...

LOVE! Great chevron/zigzag border, so bold and the chickies are awesome!

stampsilly71 said...

YOUR CARD IS MY FAVORITE - how fun that yours goes with a back to college spin! The hula chick makes a perfect cheerleader, I never would have thought of it!!! Thank you for "wicked" inspiration.

Now Stampin said...

So personalized, so cute. Love the bling bling chickies!

Lisa Petrella said...

Absolutely ADORABLE, Linda! LOVE the color combo, the chevron stripes and the touches of bling!!! Enjoy the football season!!!!