Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Love You

Today's post is for the Word Art Wednesday challenge and the DeNami Fall challenge. For WAW, the verse is 'we love him because he first loved us.'  this is from 1John 4:9.

I wanted to do a clean and simple card for the DeNami Challenge using this adorable tree stamp.


I started coloring the leaves various fall colors, but I didn't like the look it had.  It came out very childish.  But when I instead filled the leaves in with brown distress stickles, it had a whole different feel.  The emboss folder has a pebble effect that I thought added a nice little texture to the card but still kept the same clean and simple effect I was going for.  To add the twine I used my sewing needle and pierced two wholes at the base of the tree.  As I did that I was thinking of all the people who would tie a ribbon on a tree for a loved one who was away.  That worked just perfectly for my love theme.

You can check out the Word Art Wednesday Blog below.

http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com/2012/09/challenge-44-double-prize-week.html

And you can check out the DeNami Challenge below:

http://denami.blogspot.com/2012/09/falling-leaves.html

If DeNami selects my card as a finalist I'll be back encouraging you all to vote for my card.  One winner is selected by # of facebook votes to win a gift certificate.  But I have to make it into the finals to even get there.

Have a great day.  Thanks for visiting my blog today.


2 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Linda: This is such an amazing CAS card, and it really POPS off the page. Thanks for being such a blessing to us and sharing this with us in this week's challenge at Word Art Wednesday. i am SO grateful for your faithful participation, and I just love how you've combined your challenges so perfectly. This is really lovely.
Have a blessed week,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Paulina said...

This card is absolutely stunning, Linda. We wish that we could have chosen ALL the cards submitted into the NSM challenges as winners!

Today on the DeNami blog I did the October Sightings post and featured your card. Thank you for continuing to show your beautiful DeNami creations with all of us in blog land!