Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Papertrey Ink Blog Hop & my new toy

Hi friends,

Today is the 25th and you know what that means - don't you?  Okay, well a lot of you probably don't but play along with me okay?

The 25th means it's the papertrey ink blog hop.

Our challenge this month was to 'wrap it up' - using fabric and felt.  Hmmmm, not my forte, but I played along.  I decided to make a little jewelry gift holder using one of my tag dies and some bright pink felt.



This little heart bag is the perfect size for a pair of earrings or a small pendant.  To demonstrate how it would work as a jewelry holder I put in some cute little earrings that my second cousin Linden made.  No, I'm not giving them as a gift, I just wanted to show you how cute they would look in the wrapped gift holder. 

So what do you think of the photographs?  I ask because I am now photographing all my crafts with my new iphone 5.  I think the picture quality is better with this phone that my old olympus digital camera.  I also was starting to have trouble with my olympus so I'm very glad I got my new iphone.

Did you hear of all the things that potentially went wrong with my order?  It has a happy ending, but I had to go through hoops to get this phone delivered.

I got up at 4:30 in  the morning Friday September 14th to place my pre-order.  They were warning that demand would be high and they may sell out, so I didn't chance it and got up early to hit the Verizon website.  I had to place two separate orders so that I could get two separate phones shipped to two locations.  One phone to my son at Clemson (his belated birthday present) and another phone (white this time) for moi!

Verizon gave me a confirmation e-mail with a delivery date of September 21st.  Happy Dance!  But then on Monday evening I got a call from American Express.  They asked me if I just attempted a charge of 270.00 for cellnet (or something weird like that.)  They said it was suspected as fraudulent and they had denied the charge.  They also told me cellnet was Verizon Wireless and that if I had placed an order Friday, just to call them and have them re-submit the charge and it would go through.  I hunge up and then slowly the reality of what had happened dawned on me.  The first charge for Eric's phone didn't look fraudulent but when Verizon submitted another charge moments later - it looked suspect.

Crap.  Double Crap.  Triple Crap.  I realized that if Verizon didn't have my payment, they would put my order on hold and potentially throw me to the back of the line again.  {sigh}   So I called Verizon.  Sure enough they said Eric's order looked fine, but mine was on hold with a delivery date of 10/5.  NOOOOOOO.   After 2 more calls (and a nice conversation with a sweet chinese supervisor) they figured out how to get my order off hold and invoiced.  Happy Dance {again.}

So, then I got the happy e-mail that my order had shipped.  Yeah!  I got a tracking number from fed ex.  Yeah.  I knew I wouldn't be home the whole day friday so I wrote a big note, left it on the garage and signed it telling Fed Ex to leave the package at the garage or deliver it to a neighbor.

Friday I get an e-mail that says Fed Ex had a delivery exception on my order.  Noooooooo.  What about my note????  Delivery would be re-tried on Saturday (but we had plans Saturday.)  {sigh}  So then it's time to call Fed Ex.  After two calls I find out I can pick my phone up in West Boylston after 7pm, but before 7:30. I had plans to meet a friend, but my dear husband volunteered to drive 15 minutes out of his way home from work to get my phone.   Sweet man.  Lots of brownie points for him.  So Friday when I got home from my friends I got to play with my new toy.  Isn't it beautiful???

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.

23 comments:

Cecilie said...

How fun! I love that you used dies to make this tiny bag. Clever idea!

Leigh said...

What a fabulous idea to use your tag die to make a pocket for your packaging! Enjoy your new toy!

Karen C. said...

The Tag Sale die makes a cute little pouch for jewellery. I especially like the hearts that you added to the front. So sweet!

maria f. said...

Good to know that that tag makes such a cute pouch. And gotta love that hot pink felt.

Lee said...

Such a great idea for a jewellery pouch.

Andrea Walford said...

This is a great idea - perfect way to showcase some jewellery.

carol (krillsister) said...

What a great jewelry pouch. Love how you used the dies. I can see PTI's felt sales escalating now.

Suzanne Russell said...

LOVE the jewelry gift bag! Happy dance for your new phone, too! Mine isn't here yet : (

Laura B. said...

so cute! love the felt tag and hearts!!

Karen said...

Not as beautiful as YOU!

(Cute felt pouch, by the way...)

Danielle said...

This is SUPER cute!!
xo
Danielle

Tracey McNeely said...

First i love your jewelry pouch, so cute! Second Yay you got your iPhone and great photos! and third I am just a little jealous the fee to break my contract early is just a bit steep. :)

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Love the pouch, it's simply adorable!!

Joyce said...

That pouch is awesome.

Jacquie Southas said...

Just have to say I am amazed at the quality of photos from the phone - the tag is adorable - love the bright colors & the hearts!

Jade said...

What a sweet package! So pretty!

samantha's cards said...

wonderful tal/bag .. great idea.

BethieJ said...

This is so CUTE! I LOVE how you made the tag into a pouch!! Enjoy your new toy! :)
Have a GREAT day!

Lori said...

What a clever--and useful--idea! Love how your tag turned out. Congratulations on your new phone!

LEG Studios said...

What a cute jewelry wrap! I love your stacked & stitched hearts, very nice! Congrats on your new iPhone ... the photos look great!

Marybeth said...

Love what you did with the tag! It's so creative and the hearts are gorgeous! What a story about the phone. I decided last min to get the newer one, I had just bought the 4s. My husband waited in line about an 1hr. and bought one for me at the Verizon store. It's a business acc. so he had to do it. Talk about brownie points....:) TFS Linda!

Martha said...

Linda, you've created one DARLING jewelry gift holder. I love the adorable hearts, stitching and tiny tag. Beautifully done! The recipient will surely treasure this beauty.

~amy~ said...

cute tag pouch and yahoo for your new phone!