Thursday, October 11, 2012

bird on a branch

Hi friends,
I made this darling bird card and tried a new technique - the bead birds egg in a nest. It's actually very easy and is darling in person.

I used some jewelry wire and linked up three turqoise beads.  Then I wrapped the wire with some twine and adhered them into the birds nest.
I got this idea from Katie Skiff.  She had posted a tutorial on this over the summer and I loved it.  You can check her link for her original creation.

http://katieskiff.typepad.com/justme/

I love this bird nest card.  I am not sure how it will fit in an envelope, so I'll be sure to use this card for someone local where I can hand it to them, but I love this and may do more of this with my other bird stamp sets.


2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is just darling, Linda! Love the beads for the eggs! Very cute! Great design too! :D

Debbie said...

This is so cute!! I love the eggs in the nest!!