Sunday, October 14, 2012

DeNami Blog Hop - Halloween

Hi friends,

Today's post is for the DeNami Blog Hop.  Welcome.  You should have arrived from:

http://sweetheartsandsweettarts.blogspot.com/
My card is for Halloween but I chose to use different colors for it.  I opted to go with a night-time blue.

 I made the white clouds by die cutting some cloud images and then taping them to a piece of card stock.  I used a sponge dipped in blue ink and rubbed the blue up against the cloud mask and VOILA - a night time sky with clouds as the backdrop for my moon (circle denami stamp) and the bat.  I cut him out and raised him up so he is floating in the sky.  The navy blue mat layer has an embossed polka dot layer with iridescent embossing powder.  I added an embossed layer of white as well.  The sentiment is from Stampin up.  I'm still building my Denami collection and don't have any halloween sayings yet.

Your next stop on the hop is:

http://www.carolhartery.blogspot.com/

Thanks for visiting today.  Have a great day.


Oh and if you leave a comment, you may win a prize from DeNami.  Good luck!

Oh and if you are lost on the hop, just head back to the denami blog

http://www.denami.blogspot.com/

28 comments:

Barb said...

So pretty! I love the cloudy background and matting. Great design!

Christine Zani said...

really great clouds - loved seeing that technique!

Deanna Jean said...

Your clouds turned out great! I love the added deminsion to the bad. Great card.

Tenia Nelson said...

What a super cute card!! Love those clouds!!!

Stacy said...

The color and the clouds are beautiful! I especially like the bat over the moon. This is really pretty!

Indy said...

Love your scene! That darling bat and your clouds--delightful!

Melissa said...

Very cute. I like your cloud background!

Emily Keaton said...

Linda, the Halloween scene you created is amazing! I love how your cute little brown bat is flying across a full moon. Awesome creation!

The Wolverina /// said...

Ooooo great sky mixed with the bat! :) Adorable card!

Linda said...

Great clouds and a fun card with different colors! I love the fresh ideas to look at Halloween differently!

~Tammy~ said...

Very Very pretty and I really really love the clouds! What a unique idea for a Halloween card! :-)))) I like it!

Heidi H said...

I love your card - the background is so pretty - would you consider doing a photo tutorial?

Deb said...

What a fabulous jkob creating those clouds!! So pretty! And I love how your bat is flying in the sky!

Nicki S said...

Cute card! Really neat clouds you created!

Moira said...

The cloud background is great! Nice card

Sue said...

The bat is just too cute, and looks great on the background!

lynda said...

I've heard of making clouds like you did. They turned out great! I wish I could see your card at a closer range.

Denise Bryant said...

Great clouds! Love that cute bat stamp!
DeniseB

Lisa said...

FANGtastic card Linda! Love the cute sky scene!

Jennifer said...

I am batty -- and over the moon -- for this card! Too cute!! :)

Anna Natalia said...

Cute little batty!

Adrienne Crist said...

Great looking clouds, what a cute bat! God made bats too :)

KathyW said...

Love your cloudy night sky. Also the embossed papers. Great card.

Tina M said...

Awwe, how cute is this?? Love all of the elements...way cute :)

Anonymous said...

Nice idea. Love the clouds-and the bat!
Barb D.

Sue D said...

I like your clouds and the non traditional colors.

Amy Smidebush said...

Super duper cute!!!

SDCreative said...

I like that you repeated the dot pattern with the stamp and the embossing folder. The clods are a great background for the moon and bat.