Saturday, October 27, 2012

Taylored Expression Christmas Card




Hi friends,

Today I have a Christmas Card.  This isn't my first Christmas card of the 2012 season but it is certainly one of the first.  I mentioned in previous posts that I made a commitment to myself to only buy one Christmas stamp set this year.  Why?  Well, because I already have a lot of sets, they are very well marketed and if left undisciplined I'd buy too many and I only make Christmas cards for 2 months of the year.

So, I deliberatly waited till October to choose my set because I wanted to wait and see most of the offerings.  I didn't want to wait till November because I didn't want to put off starting my cards till then.

So the stamp set I settled on this year is a cute set from Taylored Expression.  I kind of cheated and got two - I got the Joy stamp and the cool gang set.  The cool gang is really a winter card but it works well for christmas cards.  The joy stamp is just one stamp - not a set - but is only really a Christmas image.

I used the Taylored Expressions sketch for this card and will enter it in the Stamp and Set Challenge.  I missed the deadline for the sketch challenge but since I'll upload this to their site before Wednesday I can still be eligible for the grand prize.

Below is the sketch.  This sketch is really nice, but I had a hard time finding so many different patterned papers that go together.  I bought my stamp, but haven't gotten any new papers this year and my stock is running low.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Ut5XCtfnYqw/UG4M0KyLZHI/AAAAAAAAFUo/dulBt47Mi2g/s400/JenSketch.jpg

My DH and I are off to dinner at one of the other elders home.  They want us there at 4:30.  That seems early but my DH is giving me the hairy eye ball to go, so time to run.  Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Delightful card, Linda! Love that sweet bird with his snowman friend! Great design! :D