Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tree Card and Why I love the word video

Hi all,

Today's card is a creation I made for several challenges.


This card is for the following challenges:
  • Bloggers Challenge - falling for you (leaves & love)
  • Stampin sisters in christ - music
  • Word Art Wednesday - Cast your cares on the Lord
  • Papertrey Ink - Glitter tabs.
  • Mojo monday sketch

I had fun using the papertrey ink trendy trees set for this.  The trunk is die cut with a piece of soft suede card stock that I embossed with the herringbone emboss plate.  The strip of brown is also embossed.  I used the 'rock and roll' technique to get the circular leaf area to be yellow/orange and I added a bunch of colored leaves at the base.

To do my glitter tabs I used score tape, then die cut the taped paper.  I peeled off the adhesive and then added a generous amount of colored glitter.  The paper is colored and the glitter is colored to get the nice bright effect.

Pretty soon, all the trees in my yard and neighborhood will look like this one.   The leaves are starting to turn now and it should be peak color next week.  I love this time of year, except that the days are shorter.

One last thing before I go.  My church does a lot of videos of members.  We do a video of everyone who gets baptized and periodically they ask for volunteers for specific topics that relate to the sermon series.  I was asked to do a video on 'why I love the word.'  I was very nervous, but the video team did a great job.  They made me feel right at ease and did a great job with my video.  Want to see it?  It's only 1 1/2 minutes.
video

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  Make it a great day.




9 comments:

Luanne said...

This is great! I love the Autumn Trendy Tree!

Anonymous said...

Linda, Your videao is beautiful. Funny, I never thought of you as being negative. It is certainly not the face you show to all of us. You are always so positive and upbeat, thoughtful & considerate. These are qualities I have always admired about you and frankly been envious at times. You are a very special person. Mom M.

Marcie Rhys said...

Linda, I have just one critique! The picture of your card isn't big enough for me to look at all your lovely detail! Using leaves from the tree die at the base of the trunk is absolutely inspired, and your glittered tag totally works as a part of the design...harder to pull off than it looks, I think. Neat card. You don't mind if I pilfer, ah, get inspired by it, do you? After all, I couldn't see it that well. ;)

Marybeth said...

Great job on your pretty card, trendy tree and glitter tab. Good job on the video, I would think kinda hard to do. You are probably just too hard on yourself.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Love this! The colors are great!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Linda - I love your card - such great details! I am off to watch your video - well done! Thanks for joining us for the Stampin’ Sisters in Christ Challenge this week, we love to see you! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

MariLynn said...

I love the little bird singing in the tree. I woke up this morning listening to the song birds outside. It was a chilly night, but they were still singing. What a great reminder that God is providing for our needs, just like he does with the birds and other animals. I loved watching your video. I could feel your heart in your words. I love the scripture that you shared. Our women's bible study has been over our thought closets, the things we tell ourselves and how to control our thoughts and make them line up with how God would want us to think. It went so well with your video. I know God is trying to tell me something!! Thanks for sharing your card with the Stampin' sisters in Christ challenge.

Karen said...

Love the colors of your card, and the herringbone accents - is the tree trunk the same as what's on the center strip? (Can't quite tell...) And are the fallen leaves stamped in color or colored with Copics?

And you are so beautiful in your video (and in real life)! This really touched me, as you always have with your love and dedication to Christ. I see you the way Christ sees you...

Deanna Jean said...

Linda, I love how you added the leaves on the ground..I never would have thought of that. Great card. I loved your video.