Friday, November 16, 2012

Some new cards to share with you

Hi friends,

My blog has been a tad quieter than usual lately.  I've been busy at work and have been making cards at night, but not getting to post them.

So today I have a few cards to share with you.

First up is a fun birthday card I made for my friend Jen.  Jen loves coffee and dogs, so this YNS of Fiona with a latte was perfect. I added in the dog from YNS's tobaggen set and it's good to go.

This week, YNS's challenge was anything goes, so this card is perfect for that!  Don't you love the burlap accent here?  I just got this burlap and while I don't want to hoard it, I only have a little so I'm using it sparingly.

Next up is a Christmas card.  I made this for TSG's winter challenge, but I may have missed the deadline.  Don't you hate when that happens?

It's all good though.  Come December I'm going to be very happy that I have a few christmas cards made and ready to go.

Last up is a card for a co-worker of mine.  Her husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer and it seems like it's pretty far along.  From what I can tell, the cancer has reached his bones and she hasn't been in to work this week (understandably so.)  We are speculating that it cannot be treated, but we don't know for sure.  It's a difficult time for her for sure and I am praying for her.  So it seemed appropriate to send a card saying so.

Stop on by again this weekend.  I have a few Thanksgiving cards I'm working on and one of them uses the new Taylored Expression Gnome set.  Who knew you could make a thanksgiving card using gnomes.  I think you'll love it, so stop on back by.

4 comments:

Kelli Hull said...

Love all three of your cards and how sweet you added the dog from the Toboggan set!!! I hear ya on hoarding the good stuff! ;) Looks great!

Thanks for playing along with Your Next Stamp

wendy said...

gorgeous, thanks for joining us at YNS

Julie E said...

What a wonderful grouping of cards. Ellie is super cute with the dog. Your santa looks like he is on a present great mix of layers and patterns. Finally, the ribbon treatment on your last card is perfect.
Thanks for linking up at YNS!!!

Karen said...

What a nice group of cards. I love the Sending Prayers card, especially the ribbon treatment - very interesting and pretty.