Friday, January 25, 2013

papertrey ink January Blog Hop

Hi friends,


Today's post is for the January PTI blog hop.  The challenge this month was to use a black background on a card.  This style is becoming very popular - especially to create a chaulk board effect.



I went a different route with my card.  I used my hexagon stamp set and a mask from the die to create a nice black background image.  Then I added in aqua mist as an accent color.



This card is for my friend Bridget.  She is moving back to NY to be closer to family.  We have gotten to know each other over the last year and I'm happy that she is making this very important life decision, but I will miss her. I hope we are successful at staying in touch.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.

6 comments:

Leigh said...

Very pretty card, Linda! The hexagon background looks great stamped in black like that!

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Linda, I love your hexagons.

Sue Lelli said...

Linda, LOVE how you stamped the hexagon background and LOVE the aqua with black!

Annheidel said...

Love the black hexagon background!

Jacquie Southas said...

terrific job stamping the hexagons & I love the diecut senitment!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a pretty card, Linda! I love the colors and the hexagons are just wonderful! I am sorry to hear that Bridget is moving away. I'm sure that you two will stay in touch though! :D