Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Snowmen

Hi friends,

I don't know about you, but I love stamping with snowmen.  They are so darn cute and fun in the wintertime.  I like to create with my snowmen all winter long - not just for Christmas so when I wanted to make a gift pack of handmade cards I grabbed this fun Taylored Expression set 'the cool crowd.'





Since I didn't want these to look like Christmas. I stayed with a green and blue color scheme.  These guys really are cool in person (pun intended.)

I hope to get a few more snowmen cards in before spring officially arrives.  Since spring rarely arrives before April, I think I've got a little time.

So, what's new with you in 2013?  We are busy for the next few weeks preparing our house to put on the market.  I have it set up with the realtor to come by and take pictures and sign paperwork on February 13th.  That is only 6 weeks away and while we have been slowly working away at painting and clean-up projects we still have quite a bit of work to do to get ready.  We have only lived in this house 5 1/2 years and even in that short time we've accumulated a lot of stuff.  Sarah went through her items when she was home and I dropped off about 6 bags of assorted clothes, bags, books, puzzles and games at Treasures (the school thrift store.)  I've been bringing a load of stuff to them every other week for the last few months.  They are going to miss me when I'm done.

Today I emptied Sarah's two large bookcases and boxed up all her books.  She wants to keep them all (remember she was an english major and LOVES books) so that took a little time to get them all packed up.  Next on my list (for her room) is to box up the things in her closet that she wants to keep.  Hopefully I'll be finished with her room by next Sunday and Bob can put a fresh coat of paint in there and I can do a deep clean of everything.  Sigh.  Lots of work and lots of memories.  It will be good though.  I'm confident that we'll find another house we love and create new memories there too.  We've lived in 4 houses in the last 25 years and we've enjoyed our time in each of them, so while I'm feeling nostalgic about this house, I'm also pragmatic about it and know that the memories will go with us and not stay behind.

What's on your 'to do' list for January?

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

They are so darn cute, Linda! You did a beautiful job coloring up these cuties! Happy cleaning, my Friend! Hope to see you soon! Hugs!