Thursday, February 7, 2013

A birthday card made in my new {minimal} craft room

Hi friends,

I have been avoiding card making.  Yes, I still love to create.  Yes, I still have a bizzillion supplies.  Yes, I still have lots of people to make cards from.  I've just been reluctant to craft.  Why? Well, last weekend I tore down my wonderful, oversized craft space and moved it to a closet. {sigh.}  Oh how I now really, really appreciate the wonderfulness of having a comfortable craft room where everything is at my fingertips and all my supplies are in sight.

I realize that MOST crafters create with a set up much like mine is now, and I give you praise.  It's hard to get motivated to go into the closet, get the supplies out, determine what you'll need, make your creation and then put everything back.

But if you know me, you know I like a challenge so when the papertrey anniversary came upon us and there was a contest if you made a card, well that was all the motivation I needed to get busy making a card in my new set up.  My mom's birthday is also this week and I couldn't put off making a  card too much longer.

So, what is the PTI challenge?  We are to look at the design teams cards and pick one as an inspiration for our card.  I choose to use Dawn McVey's blue roses card as my inspiration.

Below is my card.

and below this is Dawn's cards.

DSC_8765.1
Oh, and if you are wondering why I tore down my craft room, it is to get my house staged and ready to sell.  My realtor is coming this weekend (if she can get here with the pending blizzard) and we have been decluttering and simplifying most of the rooms in the house getting it ready to show.


2 comments:

Jill Norwood said...

Bless you for having to tear down your craft room! I hope all goes well...move is a 4 letter word that I don't truly like! But it is necessary also at times...here's to a quick sale and all that you need to happen going just right!
:) Jill

Kimberly Gajewski said...

What a pretty card, Linda! I am glad that you are making the best of your space right now! The good news is that it won't be for long! Hope that everything goes well! :D