Thursday, February 28, 2013

A new home and a shower card

Well, we did it.  We made an offer on a new home yesterday and we are very excited.  Soon we will start a new chapter in our lives and we are looking forward to simpler times.

We will buy a darling condo/townhouse in Waltham.  We love the condo.  It's only 10 years old and it's very well designed and built.  It has everything we were looking for in a new home, including a teeny, tiny patch of yard.  I'm already excited about planting daisies, cosmos, cleon and other annuals next to the fence to achieve a similar look to what I have in my back yard now.  Of course there will be much less of it in my new yard, but that is okay.  It will also be much less to maintain.

Bob and I are wondering how we'll adapt to city life though.  I think we are going to like it, but it will be very different.  We are out in the country here in Northbridge and Waltham is most definitely a city. Our house is on a street with steady traffic.   Everyone says you get used to it and we will enjoy the conveniences that come with city living - walking to places, easy access to Boston, short commutes.

The other thing Bob and I will have to adapt to is very little storage space.  Our current home has a bizzillion closets and attic and a large basement.  Plus we store things in the garage in the rafters and in our shed.  the condo has hardly any closets, no basement and no attic.  I've had a walk in closet for the last 20 years.  Now I'll get one small double door closet.  Well, I guess it's time to clear out some stuff AND maybe hit the container store to maximize the storage space. I think this will force us to really get rid of stuff we don't need and get creative about storage.

Oh and of course I've already scoped out my craft space.  The condo is three levels (plus a garage below.) The top level is the third bedroom but it is huge - it goes from the front to the back of our side of the house.  There is a beautiful area toward the back with a double window.  I've decided my craft table can go there, in front of the window.  and there are nooks and crannies from the dormers that will be great to hold my papers and other craft stuff.

The other side of the room will be a TV viewing area so I will mimic my current set up a little. Think of it as a combination of a man cave (TV viewing) and woman cave (crafting.)  Is that even a phrase - a woman cave?  Well, whatever.

So, before I go today let me share my card with you.  Last Friday I went out to Judi's Friday Fest event.  She had this adorable card to make and even though I don't have a shower to go to right now, I'm sure I'll find a use for it.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Congratulations! I'll miss you, but I can't wait to see your new home! We'll talk soon! Hugs! :D

wrapknot said...

oh my gosh linda, you are really embracing this phase of your life! i've been letting your words ( of wisdom ;) roll around in my brain. accepting the phases of our lives, the joys, challenges and changes that are natural. i've become more mindful of living in the moment and enjoying each phase.

can't wait for gw and seeing pics of the new place!