Monday, February 25, 2013

Faith, Change and 2 sympathy cards

Hi friends, well, life is moving along and I'm having trouble concentrating at work and sleeping at night.  Sigh.  Change. Sigh.  It's good, but oh man, it's also stressful.  I'm a type A personality  and my mind races with ideas all the time.  When change is in the air, my mind races in a million directions.  Usually it's all good.  I keep thinking about how I'll arrange our furniture in a new home or where I'll go to practice yoga, but when I get an idea going it's hard for me to put it on the back burner and leave it be.  I need to work on that a bit.  Breathe.... have a glass of wine..... relax.... have faith...

So, we went out looking for a new home this past weekend and we saw three places. The two places I thought I'd love, I didn't love at all.  The one place I thought I'd hate, I loved.  Go figure.  So now I'm in love with a darling condo/townhouse and it will be a while before we know if it's going to come together.

My mind is racing with 'what if' situations.  We have loved living in this home, but it's not suitable for this next stage of life, but what will it be like to live in a densely populated area?  What will it be like to share a yard with another person/family?  What will it be like to live in a city? This morning I woke up before Bob's alarm went off at 5am.  And I was wide awake.  Good thing we go to bed at 10:00pm or I'd be a wreck, but by mid-afternoon I was fading.

So today I got two bible verses in my e-mail mailbox. The first was my daily bible verse that says:
 
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8"  




So you would think that I would pray 'Lord let this house be OURS and let our house sell QUICKLY.'  But instead here is what I prayed (and asked others to pray for me) 'Lord if we are going to do something foolish or outside your plan please SLAM the door on the deal closed for us and not allow us to wander off in our direction.  I also prayed that if this home is meant for us that everything come together smoothly for an easy transition including a buyer for our home.  Too many times I have caught myself praying for something that really wasn't best for me.  By praying this way, hopefully I won't settle for something not optimal and instead will trust that the Lord has something awesome for me and just wait for it.
 
Then later today I get this as my daily hope e-mail.  The title was 'Faith is something we do.'

'Faith is more than something you just feel. Many people confuse emotions and feelings with faith. They come to church, and they’re moved emotionally, they're inspired, and they're stimulated. But that doesn’t mean they’re walking in faith.  The Bible says faith is something we do, not just what we feel. In other words, faith is not mere sentimentality.'  This was from Rick Warren's e-mail devotional.

So what does this have to do with my situation?  Well, everything.  I say I believe God is going to guide our decisions.  So I need to stop focusing on it and have faith that if it was meant to be, it will be.  And if it was not meant to be it won't be.  I thought it was very appropriate that today's message was about living my faith.  I know it won't take away the anxiety and the stress, but when I stop myself I can get some peace because I have faith that it is all going to work out for the best.

So do you want to see my two sympathy cards?  You probably want to see pictures of this darling condo.  I don't have any yet.  So you'll have to settle today for my sympathy cards and a few pretty snow pictures.



Oh, and we had a pretty late winter snow last night.  It is soooo pretty out our back door.  I will totally miss this pretty view, but will trust that God has a different pretty view for me at my new home.
And look at these doggies.  Do you think they'll make the transition from 'country' dog to 'city' dog?  Remember Go Dog Go from Dr. Seuss?  I always loved the idea of city dogs and country dogs being 'different' but the same.
Well, thanks for visiting today and if you believe in the power of prayer, please pray that Bob and I won't do anything foolish with our home sale/home purchase and that I'll have patience (and sleep) while we figure it all out.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These cards turned out beautifully, Linda! It's nice to see them finished! I'm sorry that you are having some stress with everything that is going on. I'll be praying for you, my friend. Hugs! :D