Saturday, February 9, 2013

Shades of Green

Hi friends,

Well there is not much green around here today, it's mostly WHITE.  Yes, we have a storm here in New England and what better activity to do in a storm than to make pretty spring themed cards?

This card is for Impression Obsessions 'Shades of Green' challenge.  I only have a few I/O stamp sets so I had to get a little creative in making a green card.  I still have a borrowed stamp from my friend Karen with a pretty front porch scene.  I thought it would be fun to just do greenery on the card and leave the rest of the image neutral.

Then I have this beautiful sentiment that I thought would go well with the image.  So, voila, my shades of green card using I/O stamps.


I used C3775 Life is a Journey (sentiment) and H1859 Garden Gate to make this.
Check out the I/O blog to join in the fun.  


Below is a photo of my back deck last night at 9:00pm.  Wow, that's a lot of snow and that was only at the storms halfway point.  We were getting about 6 inches an hour at that point so it was building up quite quickly.  

Here is the back porch this morning (after I shoveled out a path for my doggies.)


Thanks for visiting and have a great day.  Stop by tomorrow for the DeNami Adorable Animals Blog Hop.

5 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful card, Linda! The green touches are perfect! I think that it is going to be awhile before we see some green around these parts! I do love the Winter Wonderland out there right now though! :D

Shirley said...

Hi Linda! Your card is awesome and green lovely too! I had to take a second look at your shoveled path. Stay safe up there. Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!!!

Karen said...

I LOVE this card and your treatment of the stamp. I never would have thought to do this, but knowing how busy the entire stamp is, this is a beautiful way to accent the prettiest part.

I believe Framingham's official total was 32 inches. I know that the bank left in my driveway by the snowblower (belonging to my neighbor Steve the snow angel) was midthigh on me... now, I know I'm short, but that's still a LOT of snow - too much for my snowblower! Where's a big, strong son when you need one? (Oh yeah, away at college - lucky duck!)

Greta said...

Amazing pictures of the snow! So glad it's where you are & not where I am--LOL! Love your card making the quote the focal point.

Katie said...

Wonderful card! Love the sentiment in from of the image, and love that you focused only on coloring the greenery! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.