Sunday, March 10, 2013

DeNami Birthday Blog Hop

Hi friends,

Welcome to the March DeNami Blog Hop.  Our theme this month is birthday's.  If you are hopping along with the blog hop, you arrived from Lisa's Blog.  I love Lisa's designs.  I follow her blog and get lots of inspiration from her.

Do you have any golf lovers in your friends and family list?  I do.  We have quite a few golf lovers and with spring approaching, I thought a fun chickie golf birthday card was in order.


I found this sketch on a number of blogs this week.  I thought it was awful cute with the horizontal papers.  Since Nami often uses DeNami stamps to make her own patterned paper I thought it would be fun to do the same.  The top green rectangle was made using a combination of the polka dot stamp set and my sand stamp set (using alternating green inks.)  Then the lower left yellow/melon image was done using the berry stamp set and the dotted circle set.  Lastly the blue rectangle on the lower right was made with my solid rectangular stamp combined with the sand image again, this time in two different blues.


Mr. Chickie was cut out and adhered to a small circle punch out and the sentiment was stamped directly on the blue image.  This is a great card to make with minimal supplies.  Basically just some cardstock, a few stamps and some ink.

Thanks so much for visiting me today.  Want to get some DeNami stamps?  Well, leave a comment to enter a contest to win or go right to the website.  This month they have a birthday special - 10% all stamps.  Use the code DENAMIPARTY at check out to get the discount.  DeNami's website is DeNami Design

Your next stop on the blog hop is Deb's Blog.

Go check out her fun creation.

31 comments:

Dana said...

Linda! are you kidding me? Those BGs are incredible! I love love love the blue one. So creative and unique. Awesome card!

Deb said...

Wow, Linda!!! I love that you created your own backgrounds!!! Simply phenomonal!!! Love that sketch too!

Barb M said...

so sweet! I love the layout especially how you stamped your own backgrounds. Who can resist these fab spring colors...awesome design!

Ruza Rebel said...

What a lovely CAS card! So cool that you created the DP ... they look amazing, and the framing makes them really pop off of the white background! As for the golf chick ... CUTE! Awesome job! :D

Stacy said...

Gorgeous backgrounds! You did a great job stamping them ~ it looks like you had fun!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome card, girlfriend!!!

~Tammy~ said...

Super duper adorable!

Amy Smidebush said...

This looks FANTASTIC! I love how creative you were with those background stamps! WOW! GREAT layout, too!

Sheryl said...

That really is a cute sketch, and the chickie works so well on it! Making your own patterned paper with stamps on hand is brilliant. I'm thinking that would be super to do on Paulina's 10 minute challenge!

Wendy said...

So glad you took a picture of the stamps you used to create the background. Such a great card!

Laurie said...

I love now you made your own paper design!! Very nice!!

Tina M said...

WOW, your backgrounds don't look stamped at all...simply beautiful work!!! What a cute layout, I may have to "borrow" that myself! ;)

Diana Fernandez said...

Beautiful!! I love how you've made your own paper! And what a great card for a man!

Linda said...

What a great card! Making your own patterned papers is a wonderful way to have just the right colors. It is adorable!

Lezerlie said...

Wow! I love that you made your own paper. I don't think I've thought of that...but it's so simple!! Wonderful job!

CraftySarcasm said...

Those backgrounds are amazing. I was thinking they were pattern paper. I need to try to make backgrounds more often. Stamps are not just for main images, and I tend to forget that point. Thanks for the inspiration.

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet card! I love your created patterned papers!
Happy Birthday to DeNami!

Pam M said...

What a great layout... I'm not a fan of golf, but that little chickie would make anyone love it. :)

Sue D said...

Cute golf card--I like the sketch and the patterned papers you made.

Cyndi said...

What a great card for the guys! Love the sketch too!

Lisa Petrella said...

Linda, your handstamped patterned paper panels are FANTASTIC!!! Amazing stamping and I LOVE your color choices!!! This is such a perfect card for a golf enthusiast!!!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Beautiful creation for today!! I LOVE the colors and the Fun design!! All of the added details really make it pop!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

maria f. said...

Love that sketch and your use of homemade PPs.

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

So adorable!!! Thanks for the how to!

Pam Wendt said...

What a beautiful design! :o)

Emily Keaton said...

This card is delightful, Linda! I love your block design for this card – so cool!

Sue said...

Terrific layout! I was looking for a good golf card, and this is it! Thanks for sharing the details.

Anonymous said...

cute card, thanks for the details!
linda patti tpatti@windstream.net

andrea said...

what a clever layout, might have to try that out!

Lynn said...

Love the patchwork look with your patterned background designs. At first look, I thought it was PP. Very well done!

Loly Borda-Towery said...

Linda I love the background-blocks that you created, so clever. Lovely card!