Monday, April 1, 2013

A Thank You card and news from the {empty} nest

Hi friends,

I missed you!  My goodness it's been a long time since I made a blog entry or made a card.  I'm happy to be back.  Things have been busy at our house.  We got an offer on our house on Tuesday March 19th - exactly 30 days after it went on the market.  We must have had two dozen families come through our house in that time and I think the family that bought it is going to love living here.  It was a little hectic having 3 or 4 showings each week.  And now that we have the offer we've been busy taking care of the items that came up from the inspection and getting ready for the move.

We will close on our current house on May 31st (if all goes according to plan) and then we'll head to a furnished apartment till July till we can get into our Waltham townhouse.  So, I've started getting identifying items for the yard sale, boxing up Sarah's things (that will be stored at her two grandparents houses) and getting organized.

Now that we are not showing the house anymore I pulled out my craft desk and set up a temporary place to craft.  The first thing I made yesterday was a fun, clean and simple, thank you card.

I love the clean lines of this card and the bright orange color.  I plan to make a few of these (maybe I'll mix up the colors a bit.)  I am participating in a Yogathon at the end of the month and many people have graciously sponsored me.  I want to send out thank you cards to them to let them know how much I appreciate their donation to Boston Children's Hospital on my behalf.  If you too want to support this great cause, click the link below, enter my name (Linda Monroe) and make a donation.  Any amount is welcomed!

Donate for Yogathon to benefit Boston Children's Hospital

Besides the move, things with us are good.  Eric is finishing up his final few weeks of classes and Sarah is busy working on a project to improve her schools' ability to teach English.  Spring has started to arrive and we are enjoying getting outside.  I've started running again (slowly - only twice a week so far) and I need to get back on track with my WW points.   I need to stay in control if I don't want to gain 5 pounds with the stress of moving.

So, what's new with you?  Leave me a comment if you can.  I'd love to hear from you.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Fuzzy Slippers said...

I love this card Linda! It's so CAS and full of luscious texture at the same time. Great card!