Sunday, April 14, 2013

Denami Blog Hop 'Fancy Favors'

Hi friends,

Welcome to my blog and April's Denami Blog Hop.

The theme this month was fancy favors and I got out my gardening chickie for my project.  My kidlets are all grown and no grandchildren yet so the only party favors I'm making these days are things for grown-ups.  Who wouldn't love to get a potted plant as a favor for an event?



I also thought, hmmm, this could also work on a goodie bag - maybe filled with candy or seed packets.

There are lots of fun ways to use this little DeNami insert.  I had some clothes pins laying around and found it was a great instrument to use for a baggie or a plant.  Super easy and fun.

If you are wondering, the green gingham is actually fabric tape.  I used just a strip on the gardening chickie and then did several layers and die cut through the tape/cardstock layer for the sentiment.  That tape is super fun and clever.  You could do the same with washi tape.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  If you leave a comment you could win a gift certificate from Denami.

Your next stop on the blog is Deb's Blog.

30 comments:

Barb Murphy said...

So cute! I love this as a gift bag closure :)

I changed my blog to not allow anonymous comments and it took care of the spam!

Wendy said...

Adorable! Love how you used the garden chickie.

Deb said...

Linda, I love your garden chickie! What a fun little treat to receive!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very very CUTE!!!

Amy Smidebush said...

What a great idea! I am such a sucker for little clothes pins!

Ruza Rebel said...

Great idea! TFS! :D

Pam Wendt said...

What a clever idea!

Glenna Anderson said...

Very cute. Love the clothespin!

Brenda Lee said...

What a great idea! With Mother's Day just around the corner and having a mom that loves to garden, this would be perfect!!

fun stamping said...

Great idea - so creative!

~Tammy~ said...

I love this idea and how cute is the chickie stamped on Kraft! Lurve!

Laura Strack said...

I love new clothes pin ideas and this one is precious! Thanks for sharing!!

Emily Keaton said...

Linda, this is such a super idea for a fun favor! That little gardening chickie is just adorable for your potted plant, and I LOVE those tiny clothespins. Fun!

Sue D said...

Great idea to attach to a present!

Denise Bryant said...

Very cute! Love the mini clothespins!

donna said...

Gave me a chuckle. Cute.

elf1023 said...

Love the garden chickie, he makes a cute plant poke. Great idea.

Annette Holleger said...

I love the clothespin clips. Very versatile for fancy favors and lots of other purposes. You can make a whole set with lots of little chicks. Thanks for sharing.

Annette

Linda said...

Great idea! That plant looks very unusual! What kind is it?

Gayle said...

Cute idea and garden chickie fits in perfectly.

Heidi H said...

This is so creative and cute! I love the idea of a clothespin and something to add a little personal touch to a plant gift! Adorable!!

Amy McCue said...

Clever use of the clothespin/chickie.

Lisa said...

Linda this is a FUN FUN idea! I could see these as a shower centerpiece or decotations for a Mother's Day brunch, SO CUTE!!

craftvithme said...

Cute idea, Linda. Somehow I am reminded of cupcakes

TFS.

Regards,
Vithya

ann said...

Great idea for a gardening friend!

Tina M said...

How perfect for a little plant or seed packet indeed! Very creative!! :)

cardsbymo said...

Very cute! I love receiving plants and flowers as gifts.

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! THANKS for sharing your AMAZING ideas!! I LOVE the FUN creations!! Have a Fabulous Week!! =)

Dana said...

I know lots of folks who would love this garden chickie insert or bag closure! How fun!!
(as for spam comments, change your settings to have your blog comments moderated. no spam gets through:)

Lisa Petrella said...

Such a CREATIVE use of that DARLING little gardening chickie, Linda!!! ADORABLE project! LOVE IT!!!