Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Impression obsession challenge

I am thankful for.....

This weeks challenge from I/O stamps is the above statement.  What an awesome challenge.  I chose this lighthouse scene and it reminds me that I am thankful for ..... Summer, the natural beauty of New England coastlines and lobster.

I added the sentiment 'life is a journey' and thought this might make a nice graduation card for a boy.



This card uses I/O stamp H1292 northern lighthouse.  It also uses the sentiment C3775 Life is a journey stamp.  I used a scallop punch to get that brown accent and colored the image with tim holz distress markers and copic markers.

Check out the other creations on the I/O blog, or enter you own submission.  Challenge ends Wednesday May 8th.

http://mitrafriant.typepad.com/impression_obsession_news/


7 comments:

Shirley said...

How beautiful and warm at the same time! I can almost feel the fresh air. Thanks for playing, Linda, and good luck in the drawing too!! Good to see you!!! Hope your daughter is doing well.

RachelB said...

Great card with a nice scenic stamp!

Karen Amidon said...

What a great stamp that you chose. I really like how you kept it all monochromatic and the layout is great. Thanks for a little daydreaming at the shore!

Larissa Heskett said...

This is so BEAUTIFUL and FUN!! I LOVE the design and your take on the challenge!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have aFABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Shona said...

Great card ! A lighthouse stamp I don't have yet, and I love it and how you used it.

Katie said...

Great card!! Love your card design, and your coloring is wonderful too! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Terry said...

Linda, Wow! monochromatic and grad card elegance! Amid the grad card launch here. Seven events this weekend in the local area. Big City hour away has five generously sized high schools graduating Memorial weekend....slammin' those streets and parking lots! lots of celebrating and planning for the future blessings cards to go. Thanks for sharing your lovely work. Hey, Tank appears to know he was a busy dog! Great pic! Lovin' the dignity of Joey's pose! Keep Looking UP! mt23stamperatyaho