Monday, May 20, 2013

Keeping it Simple

Hi friends,

Sometimes you just have to hit the easy button.  We are knee deep in boxes and moving (only 10 days to go till the movers arrive) and I had planned to make all my summer cards before I boxed up my craft room.   Well last night around 7:30pm I realized I was out of time.  The craft room needs to be torn down and boxed up this week and the weekend was gone.  Not quite ready to give up, I decided to find one design that would fit most of my upcoming card needs and go into mass production mode.  I will have to {gasp} buy my masculine cards (fathers day, male birthdays) but I was able to use this one design for my upcoming female card needs.

This is not my favorite way to craft, but it works really well.  I started with a basic card layout of a card I loved.  When you are in fast and easy mode there is no time to design a card from scratch.  I also just used whatever patterned paper and stamp sets were close at hand.  Again, not the time to make my own designer paper or perfect the images.

I cut out 8 of each item and got busy.  I chose various sentiments (to match the various occassions) and then in assembly line fashion threw these together.

When hitting the easy button, I tend to stay within one manufacturer's product offering because I'm more confident that it will all go together.  This card uses items from papertrey ink: Beautiful Butterflies, Lovely Leaves and Everyday Blessings patterned paper.  The sentiments are from various companies.  I made a wedding card (best wishes), a birthday card, a happy retirement card, a happy graduation card and 4 sympathy cards.  I mixed and matched the patterned papers from the paper set and used up all my pearls.

I was done by 9:00pm and still had time to watch my recorded episode of Smash (love the drama in that show) and made it to bed by 10:00pm.  Easy Peasy.

And so now, the craft room is officially closed till August.  I will box up all my stuff, put it in the pod and wait till we are settled into our new condo and then start again fresh.

I will try to stay up on my blog during the next 2 months.  I have an international business trip coming up and of course moving updates for you all.  I may include crafty images from blog sites I frequent so if you are only here for the craftiness, keep coming back.  I won't pretend these images are from me (I'll credit the sources every time) and maybe you'll find a new blogger to follow from my links.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day.

1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

These are beautiful, Linda! Love thesoft colors! Great design, too! Hope to see you soon! Hugs! :D