Monday, August 12, 2013

Wishing you joy

Hi friends,

I got my new craft room set up and wanted to make a birthday card for one of my favorite relatives - my sweet cousin Lin. This birthday wish is very belated, but it's heartfelt.  She knows we were moving so hopefully she'll forgive me for the delay.

Before I show you my card creation, let me give you a preview of my new craft space.  Our new condo has 3 levels (plus a garage underneath.)  The first floor has the kitchen, dining room and living room (and a half bath.) The second floor has two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a tiny laundry closet.  The third floor has a large room that we made into a combination guest bedroom, TV viewing area and craft room.  It's not done by a long shot but the craft are is functional so I thought I'd show you the work in progress.  You can see Tank getting ready to supervise the card making.



And voila, here is my first craft creation in the new space.  I wanted to ease back into crafting so I stuck with a simple layout and a clean and simple card.  I did not have any harvest gold gingham paper but thankfully had a gingham stamp so I made my own.


I was inspired by a beautiful card by LIMEDOODLE from two peas in a bucket.  I couldn't figure out how to post this on the blog, but the link is below.

inspiration card

It feels good to get back to stamping.  My husband came upstairs while I was working on it and said 'now things are really back to normal, you are crafting again.'

Hopefully I'll be posting on a regular basis again.  I certainly have a big backlog of cards to make.

Now I'm off to walk the dogs and then head to yoga.  Have a great day and thanks for visiting my blog.

2 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautiful card, Linda! Love the sunflowers! Your new room looks lovely! I am so happy that things are getting back to "normal" for you! See you soon! :D

Karen said...

LOVE the sunflowers with the kraft and the sweet gingham!

Your craft room looks lovely and so organized - can't wait to see it!