Friday, September 27, 2013

Twins - A Denami chickie card to welcome them

Hi friends,

Today's post is a very happy one.  I've been working at my company (Analog Devices) for 15 years and for most of those years I've worked with many great people.  One of those great people is a guy named Will who is a super genius in our IT group.  He is very smart, very hardworking and a really nice guy. 

We were all so happy to hear last winter that his wife was expecting.  And then we celebrated again when we heard she was expecting twin girls.

The happy day came two weeks ago (the same day we kicked off a very large work project) and Will and wife had their own 'project kick-off.'  The girls were tiny, but healthy and viable.  One twin is home already the other doing well and heading home soon.

So of course I had to make a fun card to celebrate the occassion.





I really wanted to do something girly.  I also really wanted to do something cute.  So I improvised.  Can you believe that I have very few baby stamps?    So I inked up 'hula girl' and inked it twice to represent the two babies and added a few embellishments onto my pink layered background.  I just got an e-mail from Denami that they are offering 10% off so I may be heading over to the website to expand my stamp collection to include some baby stuff. 

We are really hoping that Will's wife will bring the babies to the office once they are settled.  So far we are enjoying the photo's he sends us periodically.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Tomorrow is my wedding anniversary and I hope to get some time in the craft room this evening to make my dear husband a fun card to celebrate the occasion.  Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

val jones said...

What a fun, cute, adorable card - so right for twin girls.
Have a lovely celebration tomorrow.

Love val in spain x

Deb said...

Congrats to Will and his wife! I love how you inked up hula chickie. That is so fun! Beautiful card!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Simply adorable, Linda! These stamps work perfectly for the babies! Happy Anniversary to you and Bob! Hope that you had a wonderful day together! We need to make plans soon! Miss you! :D