Friday, September 13, 2013

You Color My World

Hi friends,

Back in August my dear husband had a birthday party for me.  He is wonderful.  He arranged that we would stay at a darling little bed and breakfast in Brewster MA (on cape cod) and arranged all the details for a lovely lunch served at my favorite cape cod restaurant.  My family came in from all over the country to celebrate with me and it was really a fun time.  It made me not at all upset about reaching a milestone birthday.

I wanted to send a thank you card to each person who was there and I pulled out this fun DeNami stamp set to make my first card (I know, I'm a little late sending the cards.)

I liked this sentiment (you color my world) because it reflects a slightly deepen thanksgiving than a simple thank you note.  I also thought it went well with the colorful flowers on the card.

Below are some photos of the birthday weekend.  The weather was perfect. It was warm and sunny.    We got in a few good beach days while in town.  Below is the beach at Brewster we visited on Friday.

 This is the outside of the Candleberry Inn.  I loved all the flowers blooming all over the property and the delicious breakfast served each morning.
Below is a photo of my father and his wife Marylu.  They came all the way from Arizona.

 Below is Bob's father and mother in white and my stepfather Peter with the straw hat on.


 Below is Bob and my mom.
 The luncheon was held at the Scituate Harbor Cafe.  It's this place right at the harbor that makes fresh seafood.  We took over a few picnic tables and enjoyed some great lobster rolls and oysters.  Yum.



After lunch some of us headed to Nauset Beach and went for a walk.


 On Sunday we got a few nice group shots at the Inn.



 A really special weekend that I will treasure forever.


4 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Happy Belated Birthday to my sweet Friend! I knew that you were at the Sesuit Harbor Cafe as soon as I saw the photograph! It looks like you had a lovely time! See you soon! Hugs! :D

Cinda Kienzle said...

I took a few minutes to check this out. Reminds me the good ol' days back in North Carolina...sort of. Looks like you guys had a great time. I know my mother enjoyed herself. Loved the photos!!!

Karen said...

Oh my goodness, I thought that milestone was last year!!! What a beautiful way to celebrate.

Paulina said...

Oh wow, these pictures are beautiful! It looks like your hubby did good in the department of planning for your special milestone!

You card turned out beautiful- you know I always enjoy seeing your bring out your DeNami stamps! :)